One

I was gasping for air as I felt more tears rolled down on my cheeks. I tried wiping the tears with the back of my hand but nothing made a difference. I covered my hand on my mouth, trying not to attract any attention when a old woman passed by me through the hallway.

I felt my chest tightened when I finally reached my apartment door. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. And with a shaky hand, I finally opened the wooden door and when I got inside, I immediately closed it behind me.

Without bothering to take off my flats, I went to the beige couch and sat for a while and catching my breath. With both of my hands covering my eyes, as my vision was getting worse from all of the tears.

How could he just do that? When I thought he changed, I caught him making out with another brunette girl in his own apartment. I was supposed to surprise him and make him dinner as I just got promoted from my job, but it turns out that I just had the surprise in a lifetime.

But why was I even surprised? This was the third time I caught him making out with another girl in the span of our two year relationship. I shouldn't be surprise that he cheated on me, again. But it just, hurts.

What hurts the most is that he said he'll change for the sake of our relationship. And the fact that he just proposed to me a month ago hurts even more. Who knows how long he could be cheating on me with that brunette girl? But why did he even proposed when he was getting laid with her behind my back? That's what confused me the most. Why did he even promised that he'll change, when he knows he can't? And why did he proposed when he knows he won't be able to contain himself from other girls?

And what disappoints me the most is that, I didn't even noticed a single thing. How can I be that oblivious? The extra shifts and the late nights he's been spending at 'work'. I bet he was spending some time with her, and the thought of him choosing that brunette over me makes me want to break down. But I know I shouldn't.

With all of these wild thoughts running inside​ my head I didn't even notice Karlie, my roommate, entered inside the room.

"Taylor, what happened?" Karlie asked with worry and concern in her voice.

I removed my hands that was covering my eyes, that I bet is now red and bloodshot, and placed them on the armrest. Karlie went towards me and sat beside me on the couch.

"Hey, what happened?" She asked again and placed her hand on my shoulder trying to ease the pain.

"It's- It's Calvin." I managed to say.

"What about him?" She asked while furrowing her brows.

"H-he cheated on me." I said and I could feel myself crying all over again, but not a single tear rolled down. I guess I already cried too much that I couldn't let out a single tear.

"Again? But aren't you two engaged? How can he possibly do that?" She asked, looking confused. And I wish I could find the answer to her question.

"I-I don't know." I said while shaking my head and letting out a sigh.

Karlie pursed her lips while rubbing my arm with her hand. She looked, distressed and disappointed at the same time. She shook her head slowly and retrieved her hand back from my arm.

"You know what, Tay don't cry over him. He's not worth it, he's just an asshole for cheating on you. I don't wanna see any tears, alright? That's enough crying for tonight. I know it's hard, but you need to be strong. Show him that it's his loss and show him you don't need him in your life. My mom once said that if a man makes you cry, he's not worth crying for. Okay?" Karlie asked and stood up from the couch we're sitting on.