- 35 Goodnight Angel

[No Tumblr gif]

Goodnight Angel

Monday came rather quickly.

Taehyung hadn’t told any of his friends how the situation between him and Jeongguk currently stands. To their friends, to the company, to the nation – MC Kim Taehyung was still dating idol Jeon Jeongguk. And actually, they technically kind of still were – for only a week though.

The red haired male didn’t hear from Jeongguk the whole Monday, until at afternoon, he got a text from Jeongguk asking if he’s free for tonight. Guessing that the younger will take him out on a date, Taehyung replied yes – he was supposed to go on coffee with Seokjin and Yoongi to share some gossip or whatnot, but tea can be spilled another day, so he had no trouble cancelling. The reply that came from Jeongguk was a dress code – dress formally, I’m picking you up at eight is what the text read.

Taehyung decided to go for a formal gray suit, although he switched the white dress shirt for a white turtleneck – made it more casual, but still stayed formal. He put on polished shoes, grabbed a comfy and stylish coat, put some makeup on and did his hair. He doesn’t know why he puts so much effort in it – either him or Jeongguk won’t care as much about it. But he wanted to look good for their date.

At eight sharp, Taehyung left his apartment and took the elevator to the ground floor, walking out of the building and seeing Jeongguk’s car parked right at the front. He exits the car, clad in a suit himself, just to open the door for Taehyung and the older male smiles, thanking him as he sat in and buckled up. As soon as he starts driving, Taehyung knows they’re headed to Gangnam.

“So, where are you taking me?” Taehyung asks, the atmosphere comfortable.

“To dinner, obviously,” Jeongguk says as he makes a turn, “I never got around to doing that earlier.”

So to dinner they go. Taehyung didn’t quite know how to feel and he didn’t quite know if Jeongguk genuinely wanted to talk with him over some fancy food, or did he run out of ideas on where to take him out on a date. Or is this perhaps his way of thinking of having a “mature date” because most of the other ones they had included going out to watch bad horror movies and then crashing at a fast food place afterwards. Sounds a bit childish compared to this.

Jeongguk parks his car and Taehyung exits on his own before the younger can get the door for him. In return, as they walk to the restaurant (that for some reason had a red carpet?), Jeongguk opens the door for Taehyung and lets him go inside. Taehyung looks around while Jeongguk checks for the prior reservation he had made – lots of truffles, as Taehyung expected, maroon walls and people dressed in fancy clothing, walking around.

An employee leads Jeongguk and Taehyung do their table, thankfully a bit vacant from the other tables and nicely set up with silverware, candles and expensive looking napkins. Jeongguk pulls the chair for Taehyung and Taehyung nods thankfully with a smile as he sat down. After Jeongguk did as well, a waiter approached them and gave them their menus.

“Would you like to order right away?” The waiter asks as he gets his pen ready and Jeongguk hums a little. “We could. What would you like, Tae?” He asks.

Taehyung’s eyes scan over the menu, over the many complicated and foreign names to the foods he doesn’t know (thankfully, there were Korean words between brackets that explained what the dish contains). Despite so many things on the menu, they managed to order the food and in the end, they settled for some white wine on the side. Taehyung looks around and realizes the place is quite full.

“How’d you manage to make the reservation for today? The place looks packed,” he said.

“Oh, that’s cause I made a reservation last week,” Jeongguk elaborates, “I was gonna take you out so we can make up for the thing that happened at my house, but… Well, I didn’t want this to go to waste.”