Chapter 23: Naked

Thursday
13th June 2019

11:32 a.m

Omniscient

"Ow..." Mahogany hissed as she slowly walked down the stairs in her house.

Shereen sighed, "Maggie, you've got to stop being so damn hard-headed.".

"Mama, I'm in pain!" She huffed.

Shereen helped Maggie on to the couch and the pair of them both sighed, "Look, I've got to get to work, okay? Diana's upstairs if you need her, your plate of food is right in front of you. But if you really need something, just call me, baby." She gave her daughter a kiss on her forehead.

"Alright, mama." She gave her a weak smile.

"Have you tried contacting Kain?" Shereen folded her arms.

"I don't want to." She shook her head.

"Maggie, you're gonna have to speak to him at some point..." Shereen shrugged.

"Well, at this point of time, I don't want to.".

"You're just like your father." She shook her head and walked off.

After that whole altercation, Mahogany was rushed into hospital. Jasmine wasn't the only one doing the beatings but a few of the other girls were too. Once she was admitted into the hospital, they checked everything and didn't find anything except for a broken wrist which is now in a cast. Her back hurts but she's able to move about without any support. She stayed in hospital overnight. Kain has found out what had happened and quickly made his way over but Maggie didn't let him in. She assumed that Jasmine had told Kain about the miscarriage and he didn't tell Maggie but she got it wrong. She's the only one that Jasmine had told, Kain doesn't know anything. Now Kain is confused about the whole situation.

"Let me see what mama cooked..." Maggie sighed.

She lifted up the food cover and noticed that it was bacon, eggs, grits, bacon, pancakes, sausage and potatoes. It was a mix. Maggie smiled and reached over for the tomato sauce. It makes everything and anything taste better. After squirting it out of the bottle, she placed it down and began to slowly eat the food that was on the plate.

"Ma'am, please, could you just wait outside? I just want to talk to Mahogany alone.." Maggie's doctor said.

"Is there anything wrong?" Shereen's eyes widened.

"No, there isn't anything wrong." The doctor smiled.

Shereen left the room, "What's wrong?" Maggie said wiping a tear.

"Everything is fine, you've only got a broken wrist." She smiled, "But, there's this one other thing too." She said.

"What's wrong?" Maggie's eyes widened.