Chapter 2-Investigation

Twilight Syndrome Murder Case
Deadly Life
Day 9

*Arian's POV*

"Oh hell no. Who let this crazy bastard out?" Kazuichi complained as Nagito came through the door and saw Mahiru's body. "I did. This is mandatory, ya know. Anyways! Have fun investigating!" Monokuma said, quickly disappearing and we all went to investigate.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

"Twilight Syndrome? Rion, what's this?" Nagito asked curiously as I shrugged. Both Hajime and Chiaki was with us. We went back to my cottage to see if the old arcade game was still there. To my disappointment, it was.

"I don't know. Monokuma said this was our motive. However, he said that only a select few students had the arcade in their room" I said as he hummed, taking our shoe measurements...weirdo, and Chiaki walking to the console, starting to play the game.

I stood up and grabbed a stool...or 5, and reached the top of the shelf to see if something was there. The folder...why is it still here?

"Do you have paper in here?" Chiaki asked as I hummed. "Ask Nagito. He found my stack, which I lost a few days ago" I said, grabbing the folder and jumped off the stool and landed on my bed, getting up and opened the folder. The pictures are still here...damn bastard.

"Okay. Girl A...B...C...D...Guy F...and Thing M...I wonder who that is..." Chiaki mumbled as I walked over there, confused. "Thing M? I didn't see this character when I played through the first time" I said as we she showed me the notes she took.

Everything was added to the truth bullets.

"Oh wow. Thing M? Why not Girl or Guy M?" I asked as she shrugged. "Maybe because they had some kind of misunderstanding when it came to their gender" Hajime spoke up as I hummed. Was this part in the game before?

"Well, we can conclude everyone's identities in this game...so they must be the ones who had this console in their rooms as well" Chiaki said as both me and Hajime nodded before leaving my cottage. Nagito left some time ago to get everyone's shoe measurements or something like that.

"Oi! Who told you that you can touch my fucking shoes?" Speak of the devil. "Nagito. What are you doing now?" Hajime sighed and asked as he looked up and saw us walking over to him.

"Shoe sizes. I have everyone's now" He said as everyone sighed. "Oookay...what are-"

"And they match to Hiyoko's shoes. She was by the beach house" Nagito concluded as I raised an eyebrow at him, but he dragged the three of us (Kuzuryu choosing to opt out on investigating) to the beach house.

"Come on. Do you have to drag me by my hoodie? I was tagging along!" I complained as Hajime and Chiaki sighed...probably a judgemental sigh. "Yes, I have to. I saw you turn away and head back to your cottage" He stated as I frowned and flipped him off.

"These footprints? They do look like Hiyoko's size..." Hajime mumbled as we followed the footprints back to the beach house. "I wonder...did she run towards or from the beach house?" Nagito mumbled to himself, letting me go and we looked around and inside the beach house one last time before getting called to the Monokuma Rock.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

"Oi! I'm here to get you. Open the fucking door, Kuzuryu!" I was, unfortunately, sent by Chiaki to fetch Kuzuryu for the trial. I kept banging on his door as he opened it, swinging the door wide open and flipped me off. "Alright. Stop banging on my damn door, Motono" He growled and sighed before closing his door. We made our way towards Monokuma Rock.

It was silent. We both knew who killed Mahiru. One of us was going to feign ignorance while the other keep quiet. I wonder how this trial will go.

"Thanks..." I heard him mumble as I raised an eyebrow at him. "The hell? Why are you thanking me? You sound sincere at that..." I said as he flipped me off, I didn't bother doing the same. "Well, for attempting to save Peko. Don't expect me to repeat myself " He quickly said as I hummed in agreement, as the Monokuma Rock came into view.

"I- What the fuck is that thing!?" I shouted, pointing to the weird muscular black and white bear. "Whaaaaat!? It's Monokuma! Doesn't he look recognizable? Black and white? Semi adorable features?" Ibuki questioned me as I cringed and covered my eyes. "I'm going blind in this eye too now...thank you, Monokuma" I mumbled before he started talking and disappeared, the huge escalator appearing again.

We all stepped on and went into the elevator. It was silent as we made our way to the trial grounds. No other chatter was made during this ride.

The second trial was about to begin.

Like the first murder, this one was also planned.

Unlike the first murder, this one was executed almost perfectly with little error.

Will I be able to keep my silence..or rather...

How long can I keep silent?

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Chapter 2: Daily and Deadly Life●
●END●

Collecting Data
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Data Collected.

View Data?:

       Yes?                   ●                   No?

Students Alive: 14/17

Students Dead:

Mahiru Koizumi
Hit in the head by a blunt object

Word Count: 892