Whatever it takes

Its been officially two weeks since Sasuke and I started "dating". None of us have taken a liking to the other yet. And I was already starting to get impatient.

We had three conditions for the game.
1. It is kept a secret.
2. But I have to be publicly unavailable.
3. Sasuke has to have nothing to do with Sakura. (My only condition)

"Damn, Naruto. Its so weird seeing you single for so long. What happened?" Kiba sat down, putting his lunch tray of food on the table. Sakura nodded, agreeing to him, slurping her pasta. I shrugged, "It was getting tiring, so I quit."

"Quit?!" Kiba's eyebrows raised as his eyes gleamed with joy. "Then.. what the competition with Sasuke?" I shrugged again, digging into my lunch. "Yeah.. speaking of Sasuke, he hasn't been toying around either." Sakura questioned, raising her eyebrows.

Before she could question further, i interrupted, "You sure do pay a lot of attention to Sasuke Uchiha still...." and it made her choke on her strands of spaghetti. "N-n-No, I do not! It's just obvious to notice, right K-Kiba?" He elbowed him, which he immediately agreed. From the pain of his face, I could easily guess she stepping on his feet. I was a victim of this threat too, she does it when she wants someone to back her up. I chuckled, telling her I was joking and her face was still all flustered.

Maybe she still has feelings for the Uchiha after all?

Then my phone vibrated.

Bastard: "Have you eaten yet?"

Me: "I'm eating right now, you?"

"Man.. Naruto. For someone who has been single for about two weeks, you sure have been texting a lot. Which you only do when you have a girlfriend..." Kiba squinted his eyes, staring at me in suspicion.

"Do you have a secret girl friend?!" Sakura and Kiba interrogated me in harmony.

I shook my head, "I have friends too!" I told them they were being too paranoid, laughing and brushing all the assumptions away as I continued eating.

Bastard: "I'm missing you. Can I see you right now?"

I almost spit my food out onto Kiba's face. Sasuke has been sweet talking and being all nice to me these few weeks but I have yet to reciprocate because it wasn't really my style when I was in all these relationships. I was pretty much myself even when I had a partner. Actually making someone fall for me was much harder than I anticipated. Especially when that someone is Sasuke Uchiha.

Thinking about it, I usually dated people who would already want to be with me and I never had to woo anyone. I know I wouldn't fall for Sasuke.. but how should I go about making him fall for me?

Oh right, he fell in love with Sakura once.
Hmm.. do i dye my hair pink? No.
Do I get green contacts? No.
Or.. do I pretend to be more like her? Ah, yes! Good plan. I could easily observe her and replicate that. She is my best friend, so I actually have all the time I need with her.

"Sakura! How about a sleepover tonight?" I suggested. "Sure, sounds fun! Why all of a sudden though?"
"Ah.. you know.. being single makes me feel lonely." I made up an answer and she acknowledged it.

"What about me, Naruto?!" Kiba pouted and pretended to cry. "Needless to say, you're invited too! Duh!" I nervously laughed, making up another answer. It was getting really exhausting lying to my best friends. I am not used to this.

After lunch, it was History class again. I took my seat and Sasuke sat beside me, "Why didn't you reply my text?"

"I was too busy eating." I replied, not even turning to him, just listening to the teacher that failed me. "Alright class, I have another project for you all. Please partner yourself up."

Everyone changed seats to sit with their favourite friend in History class and Sasuke stayed in his seat as I did in mine. "Sasuke. Are you sure you would want to work with Naruto after what had happened?"

Sasuke nodded, "Yes, I do."
Teacher found it really amusing but couldn't stop us from pairing up. He continued on to  briefing us on the project. Sasuke jotted down some notes on what to study and research, then he also drew a small human that looked like him with a chat bubble that says "I love you, Naruto Uzumaki!" on his notebook.
I smiled to him, but puked internally.
Try harder, Sasuke Uchiha.

After class was over, everyone slowly proceeded to their next lesson. Sasuke grabbed me, "How about coming over tonight? Let's work on the project together."
"I can't. I'm having a sleepover with Kiba and Sakura tonight."
"I see.. with Sakura." He blinked a few times, and nodded. "Tomorrow night then, it's settled." He departed from the classroom as soon as he finished talking.

I rolled my eyes, mentally stabbing him in the back as he was walking away from me.

It was about 7pm and I was waiting for the door bell to ring while I was preparing dinner for Sakura and Kiba. Ding dong! There goes the door bell, yay! I jumped excitedly to the door as we haven't had a sleep over in ages. "We brought food!" Kiba and Sakura cheered as soon as I opened the door. "Crap.. I've just finished cooking dinner."

Kiba shrug it off and entered my house, "Let's get fattttt tonight!" Sakura hurrayed as she stepped into my house as well.
We laid out the food Sakura and Kiba brought along with my home cooked dishes. And it was really a feast fit for a king.. and queen.

We all burped when we were done devouring dinner. "Man, I'm so full I could explode!" Kiba stroking his tummy, laughing to himself.
"Yeah, I think I'm pregnant, guys." Sakura chuckled as well, rubbing her bloated belly.

The whole time I was observing Sakura, while still trying to be myself naturally. Sakura speaks very gently and feminine. Something hard for me to mimic. Other things like playing with her hair was easier to replicate.
But I've known her for years, surely I should know what shes like and how she thinks yeah?

This should be no problem.
The night went on, I was having fun while still trying to watch Sakura closely.

Mission Sakura, accomplished!

Watch out, Sasuke! I'm smarter than you think.