Goodbyes are hard

I opened my eyes, and adjusted my eyes to a familiar room. But it wasn't my room. Then my sights landed on a good looking face right beside me. I poked his cheek, wondering if this was a dream.
And his eyes opened.
I jumped out of bed, realizing I was in Sasuke Uchiha's bedroom. Apparently, I fell asleep last night while doing the project until late.
"Good morning, beautiful." He greeted me before yawning. "Don't beautiful me! We're late for class!" He grabbed my arm before I could leave the room, "Its a Saturday."

"Oh.. right." I nodded.
Sasuke dragged me downstairs for some breakfast. Itachi was at the kitchen cooking up something delicious. I was expecting to see a maid or a butler but I just noticed in such a big house there was only the two brothers. He placed bacon,eggs and pancakes onto the marbled counter top.

We all dug in.
"Slept well, Naruto?" Itachi asked.
I nodded, "So.. Where are your parents? I haven't seen anyone else besides you two."
"Our parents are divorced, and they live separately from us. They both have their own families now.. so they just wire us money every month. This used to be our family house. Now it's just Sasuke and I left." He continued munching on his food, the smile never once disappeared from his face.

"Oh.. I'm sorry to have mentioned them."
"It's alright, we are used to it, right Sasuke?"
Sasuke nodded, seconding to what Itachi mentioned. "Besides, their abandonment helped Sasuke and I's bond. That's why we're really close. We are all we have now." He continued smiling, with Sasuke still nodded in agreement.
"Oh, I see. I wish I have a sibling too, then maybe I wouldn't be so lonely."
"How bout come stay with us? You'll have company and you wouldn't have to pay for your rent or bills."

I was about to reject the offer immediately, but every summer or winter holiday, I'd work my ass off just to pay the rent and bills for the year ahead. I live in a really small apartment and in a really cheap and pretty dangerous neighbourhood.

While still contemplating, "I'll help you move your things over later." There Sasuke goes, always making assumptions and not taking No for an answer.
"I- I never agreed to it!" I yelled at the younger Uchiha.
"But you didn't disagree either. So if it's not a No, it's a yes." Sasuke finished eating and went ahead to wash his plate and utensils. Itachi chuckled to himself.

They put me into their Mercedes even though I continued to decline their offer. Sasuke drove me to my house after breakfast. He didn't even need my address, Itachi was in the passenger seat directing him like a human gps since he already knew where I lived.

The Uchiha started categorizing and packing everything up, made several trips back and forth. The Brothers would take turn to drive while the other would stay behind to pack. I called my landlord and informed him I was moving out. He let me go without a contract because I had already stayed in this house for so long before and after my parents died. I knew the landlord well, even when the house was really in such poor condition but I never once complained.

I started helping to pack after I ended my emotional phone call, saying goodbyes with the owner I knew for so long. He told me, my parents will be so proud to see of the man I have became today, and advised me to always stay strong. I was wiping my eye because it was getting blurry from the tears while I was reaching to grab a stack of ceramic bowls from the top cabinet. My bowls slipped after not being able to balance them well with one hand.

"Hey, be careful." Sasuke managed to catch most of the bowls before some smashed onto the ground beside us. He was much taller so he could reach out to them much easier. "Thanks.." I turned away when I realized he noticed my tears. He quickly put the bowls away and held my face. "What happened?"

"Nothing much, it's just that.. goodbyes are hard for me." I wiped my eyes again. "Ever since my parents died, I just.. hated saying goodbyes." I squatted down, attempting to pick up the broken pieces of ceramic.
He grabbed my wrist, stopping me from touching them. "I'll do it." Sasuke started picking up the sharp pieces.

For once, he sounded actually genuinely concerned. Or maybe I just can't tell what's real or false anymore. This emotional family talk is getting to me.. I keep letting the Uchihas in. This is dangerous.. Why am I agreeing to stay with them?!

What have I done?! I'm screwed!
It was like I woke up from a spell, but the damage has already been done. We're almost done packing and I've already called my called up my landlord.

"Is everything alright? Are you okay, Naruto?" Itachi rushed to my side as he saw the shattered pieces scattered all over the kitchen floor. He probably was out driving, if not the loud noises would have alarmed him. I nodded, explaining the situation.
"Glad to see you're alright." The older Uchiha brushed his fingers across my blonde hair.

"Hey, Itachi. Would you mind driving the last round? I'm done packing all the boxes and I'm about done picking this up." He pointed Itachi over to the last remaining few boxes. Itachi carried them to the car and drove off again. I walked around the house one last time, reminiscing all my memories I had growing up here with my parents. It was time to let go. This would help me grow out of this miserable shell I've stuck myself into. The house itself was getting old anyway. It would need a lot of renovation and work for it to be on the market again. Maybe I could purchase the house when its on the market. But for now, the landlord told me he doesn't have any intentions to do works to the house to sell it as he has too many projects on hand.

"You good?" Sasuke walked into my now empty bedroom. There were echoes from his foot steps and voice.
"Yeah.. it's just that.."

"Goodbyes are hard for you. I know.." He pulled me in for a hug. He placed his chin on my head after kissing my forehead.