➳3

Love; the most dangerous emotion a human can experience

Gunshots slowed down and you felt Mark walking less cautiously

You eyes were still closed- you couldn't bring yourself to open them.
You knew what you'd see if you did.
Instead of gripping his arm, your hand was now somehow intertwined with his.

Your thoughts were clouded with endless amounts of questions.
What is Mark a part of?
You weren't completely stupid, your first guess would be a gang or mafia of some sorts and judging by the looks of it, Donghyuck was involved too.
That's the part that surprised you most.

"Areum." Mark's low, cold tone broke you out of your thoughts.
You hummed a small yes, not be able to bring yourself to talk. Your throat felt raw, you couldn't swallow. Your stomach still churned with trauma from the gunshots and pain ridden screams.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
You curtly nodded.

He informed you that you were exiting the café so you took that as a chance to actually open your eyes.

And you regretted it.

As soon as your eyes adjusted, you were met with the horror you never thought you'd see.
First, you saw Mark's back, he was leading you to what was in fact the door. However, he gripped the gun in his hand- that urged you to look around.
6 other people is what you saw next, you couldn't see their faces.

They were all armed but instead of shooting, they were physically fighting who you were guessing was the 'Enemy'.

The 'Enemies' were in all black with masks on their faces. Blood littered across the room, tables and chairs were disheveled, flipped and broken.
The windows were smashed and the bodies of black clothing were scattered on the floors.

If you were to guess, you'd say there was about 4 out of around 10 conscious 'Enemies' left.
Part of you wanted to scream but uout couldn't.

You physically couldn't, you felt numb.
You were in shock.
Mark slowed down to a stop, making you bump into his back, causing you to scowl.

"Why did you open your eyes? I told you to keep them closed." He said angrily.
You had no energy to fight back.
"Just take me home please."

Mark didn't speak, he just tightened his grip on your hand and walked towards the door. Just as you were stepping out the door, your hair was yanked back. Your hand lost contact with Mark's and a gloved hand was placed on your mouth and the other held a knife to your throat.

Your eyes widened as you realized what was happening. Tears welled up in your eyes and you froze.
You would always think about situations like this and you'd think that if it ever happened to you, you'd fight back, you'd do everything possible to get out of it- but you couldn't.
You physically couldn't.

Mark looked back and his eyes darkened as he saw what was happening. He instantly cocked his gun out, towards the man who held you.

"Let's settle this as men." Mark said with no tone, no emotion left in his voice.

"Put the gun down or I'll slit her throat." As he said that, his grip tightened on your mouth.
Tears were now spilling out of your eyes, and whimpers were blocked by the glove.

Mark's eyes flickered between you and the knife.
"Go ahead." Mark said finally.
Your eyes widened in disbelief and fear. You heard the man holding you chuckle. He let go of your mouth and spun you to face him, now holding your waist so you didn't run.

"Pretty one she is." He cooed, running a finger down your tearstained cheek. You slapped his hand out the way. Behind him you could see 6 people, two injured.
Instantly, you recognized all 6, despite the blood.
Donghyuck, Renjun, Jeno, Jisung, Chenle and Jaemin.
They all looked at you with sorrow expressions, and then you knew what your fate was.

"I'll give you a three second headstart before I blow your brains out." Mark stated, clicking the lock off his gun.
This took the man off guard a bit, but he recovered and yanked your hair back more, making you head go back too.
All you could see was the ceiling, your fear increased and the tears wouldn't stop.
The knife was dangerously close to your neck.

"STOP!" a voice screamed. It was Jisung.

At the sound of his voice cracking, you bit your lip to stop the sobs from coming out. You knew them all- they were your classmates. You would have never expected this from them, especially not Jisung.

The man smirked and cocked his head to look at Jisung menacingly.
"Well..I was about to let her go but I guess I'll just-" not finishing his sentence, he raised his knife and dug it into your thigh.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion. At first you didn't feel the pain, but after a split second, the hot blade that was lodged into your flesh, burned your insides.

Your scream echoed through the building. The man twisted the knife making the screams increase. Then, he yanked it out.

The pain was indescribable. The burning sensation spread and your senses were blocked. A gunshot was heard 3 seconds after the knife was discarded out of your profusely bleeding thigh.
The man fell to the ground, releasing your body in the process.
On instinct, you stepped forward, only for your leg to give way.

Fortunately, someone caught a hold of your wounded body as you fell. A chorus of your name was all you could hear but it sounded faint.
The pain felt like it was taking up your whole body- paralysing you.
You stared into his brown orbs as his mouth moved, undoubtedly saying something to you but you couldn't hear him.
The ringing in your ear increased and a tear slipped down your cheek.

All you saw was him pressing down on the wound while shouting to someone. But as soon as his eyes met your pained ones, you slipped into an unconsciousness.