Twenty Three

Benjamin sits in Noah's car as he went into the Chinese restaurant and got their food. Gabi text him, saying how she was sorry.

Benjamin played with his hoodie strings, looking out for Noah. Noah comes back, opening the car door. "Hey babe. Grab this".

Benjamin grabs the sodas, putting them in the cup holders. He then grabs the to-go boxes and waits for Noah to get in.

Noah shuts the door, grabbing his box from Benjamin. "That ones yours, babe".

Benjamin smiles, "Thank you".

Noah hands Benjamin a fork, smiling. "You okay? You feeling better?"

"A little...".

Benjamin opens his box, eating some of the rice. Noah smiles, eating with him.

Noah's phone goes off, he answers it through his car.

"¡Noah! ¡ Trae tu trasero a casa!"
(noah get your ass home now!)

Noah rolls his eyes, hanging up the phone. Benjamin looks up, frowning, "Everything okay?" He reaches down for his drink.

Noah shakes his head. "Got inna fight with my mom. Walked out in her".

"Babe! About what?"

"Mateo said some fucked up things and we got into a fight".

"A physical?"

"Yeah...".

"Oh, baby. That's not good. What did he say?"

"I'd rather not repeat but they were pretty messed up".

Benjamin frowns, "I'm sorry. You should've told me before I texted you about my dumb problems".

"Hey..don't say that. I'm just..glad we're together...it's comforting".

Benjamin smiles, leaning over to kiss Noah.

**

Kiara walks over, sitting down next to her group. "You know...it's obvious Benjamin doesn't like us anymore, so why even try?"

Jackson looks at her, "Are you fucking dumb? You know what we did".

Zoē rolls her eyes, "I lost my boyfriend cause of his ass and he doesn't even wanna try".

"What are you saying Zoē?"

"I'm saying fuck him...I'm getting back with Katen, and if you have a problem, you can leave".

Jackson shrugs, sitting up. "I'm not tormenting him. It's fucked up..I already feel bad as I do...even if I didn't do much to contribute".

Caleb nods, "Y-Yea..me too...".

"Whatever. We don't need you two".

Jackson grabs his drink and his keys. "Find a way home then".

**

Benjamin giggles, sipping his drink. "Really? Wait, so Ximena is the one who did it?"

Noah shakes his head, smiling. "No, Ximena is the one who dared me to. I felt so bad, I made that girl cry".

"No!" Benjamin starts giggling again, having to take a deep breath, "That's horrible!"

"I mean...she lowkey couldn't..."

"Babe! Oh my gosh".

Noah smiles at Benjamin, "I was a pretty fucked up kid. Learning to get better, slowly".

"Then you know what you need to do".

Noah nods, looking away. "Yeah..yeah".

Benjamin smiles, "It'll be okay. I've done worse to my parents".