Thirty-Nine: No More Running...

When Eijirou and I arrived at my place, my mom made sure that we were okay and safe. Apparently, there was a villain attack at the mall and we had left just in time. I had sent a quick text to Hakai to let her know Eijirou and I had made it home safely before making ourselves dinner.

When we finally met up to leave for camp, we learned that they changed the location due to the attack. Even though we were on our way there now, we still don't know where we were going. Aizawa had said it was safer this way. I was seated with Eijirou and Hakai was seated next to Bakugou, finally able to read her book. Eijirou and I were simply sitting together, scrolling through social media and giggling at the occasional Corgi or Husky puppy. "Aww. I wanna get a Corgi when I move out." I say cooing over a blue merle puppy.

"Then we'll get one." Eijirou smiles. I look at him in surprise.

"We will?" I feel my cheeks flush slightly.

"I mean, why not?" Before I could answer him, the bus comes to a stop and Aizawa makes us all get off.

"Alright, break time," he says.

When we all get off the bus, I notice that we're on a cliffside with a large forest below us. I look at Hakai and see a questioning look on her face. That's when Aizawa speaks up.

"Of course, we've stopped here for a reason."

"Heya, Eraser!" I spin around to see two ladies dressed as cats standing by our bus.

'Are they..?'

"Your feline fantasies are here!"

"Stinginly cute and catlike girls!"

"We're the Wild Wild Pussycats!" They finish in a very heroic looking pose.

"These are the pros you'll be working with at the summer training camp," Aizawa says plainly. Midoriya bursts into a fit of excitedness at the sight of these heroes.

"They're a four-member hero team that works under a single agency. This veteran team specializes in mountain rescue operations! They've been in the business for like twelve years now-" Pixie-Bob puts his cat paw to Midoriya's mouth to cut him off.

"I'm pretty sure your mouth is broken. I'm eighteen at heart!"

"This whole area is our territory," Mandalay starts. "Your lodging is at the foot of that mountain over there." We all glance to where she's pointing and I groan.

"That's so far away!" Mina whines.

"Wait, then why did we stop halfway?" Ochaco asks hesitantly. We look at her before I slowly try to take steps back towards the bus.

'Please no..''

"Come on, guys...back to the bus..." Sero makes his way over, only to have the bus doors slam in front of his face.

"The current time is 9:30 in the morning. If you're fast about it, you'll make it there by noon," Mandalay says swaying her tail a bit.

'No...there's another way onto this bus, right..?'

Everyone rushes over to the bus and tries to open the doors forcefully. "Kitties who don't make it by 12:30 won't get any lunch!" Mandalay giggles.

"RUN!" Mina shouts going toward the road.

"Save yourselves!" Eijirou does the same. Pixie-Bob lands in front of them with an evil smirk and the ground shakes. I hiss as it trembles.

"Sorry kids. Your training..." Aizawa starts. That's when the ground beneath us gives out and we all tumble into the forest below us. "..has already begun!" We all land on the ground with groans. Everyone seems to be fine, just dirty.

"This is our private territory, so feel free to use your quirks!" Mandalay calls from above. "You've got three hours to reach the facility on foot through the Beast's Forest."

"The Beast's Forest?!" Midoriya cries before a coughing fit. I stand up and shake the dirt from my hair with my fingers.

"You okay, Taya?" I hear Eijirou ask. I look to see him brushing dirt off of his shirt.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm gonna have to rewash my hair again though," I grumble. Suddenly, Mineta runs off into the woods holding his crotch. Everyone is silent until we hear him scream, then we're all running after him. When we find him, he's cowering in front of a very large monster made of dirt. Before it can attack anyone though, Bakugou and Midoriya destroy it.

"Pixie-Bob must've set these up for us," I say.