Chapter 3: Sweets! My greatest enemy

Note: OTY-Original Tyeong Yi

The white carriage engraving our family crest, a lily, appeared in front of the manor melding beautifully with the sunset. The placidly stunning horizons where such varied colors diffuse emanating a harmonious light rendered whosoever saw it speechless. Breath taking it truly is unfortunately time is limited and the ball begins at dawn.

I strut towards the white carriage not forgetting the OTY's signature devious smug as I reached closer and closer to my destination. The eunuch and maid arrived by my side as quickly as lightning. Ah! OTY's servants efficiency is plausible maybe these servants are trustworthy.

Hmmm...Now that I think about it does OTY have any friends? I have no clue the book never mentioned anything about it. Not only that but why hasn't my parents shown up at this moment? I let the words slip out of my mouth and the servants sadly shifted their gaze upon me.

"Umm...Eldest Miss I'm sorry but your parents isn't coming to the event again."

The stubby maid replied while casting her eyes to everywhere but my face. I sighed after guessing the situation, I think my renowned parents are neglecting me. No wonder OTY's so stupid and arrogant, she's not only neglected by her parents but heavily protected. "Hey you! The stubby maid what's your name?" I asked to which she blinked a few times the muttered "M-melody Eldest Miss."

"An English name, fascinating!" I smiled completely forgetting my arrogant demeanor. "It's a beautiful name." I said leaving her stunned for a brief moment until she held my small fragile hands and helped me enter the carriage and she entered as well. "Thank you Miss" Melody said meekly to which I nodded. 

After an hour of waiting I arrived at the exquisite ball. The guest were well dressed obviously, it is a special occasion for the first prince. The women were adorn in heavy makeup and jewelry, like myself nothing out of the ordinary. I'm just like the rest just like how I'm supposed to be. Great! My plan is playing out perfectly all I need to do now is act the part which doesn't seem to be so hard. 

Until my desirable eyes happen to land  a table full of sweet delicacies, I simply couldn't ignore them it's akin to dying if I did. So I quickly yet elegantly walked towards the table not a noticing a suave pair of eyes glued on me. Stuffing a few sweets and pastries I escaped through the crowd and went to the garden. Ah! I can peacefully eat these yummy treats, No disturbance what so ever.

"Mhmm these sweets are soo good~"I said as I couldn't stop filling my mouth with desserts. Sadly the creamy and moist sensation vanished. Where did they go? Oh yeah I ate it all, I thought while staring at my trembling hands. "Why? Why did leave me sweets? Haven't I been nothing but good to you?" I questioned but received no answer as tear drops escaped my eye. "Dammit sweets what did you do to me!"I screamed but my exaggeration came to an end as I couldn't help but forget about something. Oh crap! I forgot I lost the chubby maid. What was her name again? Melodian? Melane? Melodias? No that's not it, oh yeah Melody. Out of desperation I scanned the area until I saw a familiar face, The Second prince Xiao Muo. Oh Shit!