2.6

•- Laine Bennett -•

New York was a stunning place with glistening snow lining the paved sidewalks of the city. I was gripping onto my bag rather tightly this evening. Not in fear of being robbed, because all they would find was some gum and crusty makeup that I'm too lazy to remove from my college days, but I was afraid of this part of the city.

I was from the wrong side Brooklyn. Rather small apartments and a rather high crime rate, it was a mess. So luxury was a mesmerizing sight and although I get my dose of wealth from Wood Enterprise, these buildings were over the top stunning.

I check the address Austin had texted me for the millionth time. I wasn't a foreigner to the city, but I think the nerves added to my misleading direction.

I spot a sign outside a rather tall building and the title cursively drawn on matched the location of Austin's apartment.

The building was beyond amazing. It fit in well with it's surrounding buildings, but something rang out about this one. It's height was a little less than the rest and the windows were more sparse.

A older man greets me kindly as he opens the door.

I enter the lobby and take a look around. It was classically decorates with tans and reds. It screamed Sims 3 Island Paradise. Just saying.

I walk up to the main desk and I'm greeted by a man dressed accordingly.

"What residence are visiting?" He asks, settling his eyes on me instead of whatever he'd been doing previously.

"Austin Wood," I reply sheepishly. I'm sure I wasn't the first girl in this position. I'm not being bitchy about it in the slightest, just stating my hypothesis.

He presses a button beside him. He waits a minute and there is a soft buzz before the man speaks, "I have a guest wishing to see you."

"Send her up."

The man looks to me and gives me the quick version of how to actually get where the hell I'm going. I thank him before getting into the elevator.

Even the interior of this thing was fancier than my apartment.

The elevator comes to a halt on the fifth floor, probably the middle of the entire building if I was to guess.

Following the directions given to me, I make my way with little to no trouble, a shocking and once in a lifetime experience I'm sure. I knock on the door and wait.

I contemplated ditching this entire idea and calling Austin to say I'm beyond sick but thanks to the good ol' buzzing system, that wasn't an option. Damn reception man. It's probably my fault but we'll blame the innocent. I guess I'll never be a Charmed one.

Austin pulls open the door gently, a bright smile on his cheeky little face.

He greets me quickly and ushers me into his home.

I expected some exhilarating place ofnliving. Something with wide windows and whites classically matched with blacks. But I was pleasantly surprised to find a medium sized area with a simple concrete floor. Walking in and to the left was a kitchen. The appliances were stainless steel and probably worth more than my unhealthy addiction to buying every sims expansion which is conversation for another time.

Beyond the kitchen was a small dining area with a white table with country styles chairs on one side and a cushioned bench on the other.

The living space held most of the color with a muted yellow couch and a few different threw pillows. A soft blanket was folded along the side and it was clear he'd cleaned before my arrival, or he had someone else do it.