two

steven and valerie set up their christmas tree with holiday music playing softly.

valerie saw steven pick up a homemade ornament it was a peace sign painted neatly red & green with silver glitter spread across it.

"did you make that" val pointed at the ornament

steven shrugged "oh yeah, its nothing I just made it in art"

"its not nothing steven I like it you did a really good job on it." the dark haired girl ruffled stevens curls "im gonna go to the coffee shop I'll be back"

valerie grabbed her black denim jacket slipping it over her green turtle neck. she stepped outside snow falling from the sky letting white flakes to fall in vals hair.

once she stepped in the coffee shop her body felt a lot warmer, val stepped in line ordering some hot chocolate and a brownie.

she sat down in her normal seat, soon after two loud boys came running in one had jet black hair the other had ugly orange hair looking like a failed attempt to dye it blonde at home.

the two loud boys sat down looking at val after a few seconds, the bell on the door went off again val looked to see who it was.

him the boy with the natural blonde hair and pretty blue eyes butterflies formed in valeries stomach.
c

hris's pov

chris went over to his older brother eyeball scared to go back home, his dad a drunk mess.

he moved his long hair out of his face revealing a cut cheek amd busted lip chris could still taste the blood.

"did he hit you again!" eyeball looked mad really mad

"yeah but I'm fine" his eyes forming hot tears

eyeball hit the table making chris jump "ill be back"

"no eyeb-" chris tried finishing his sentence but eyeball was already out the door.

Val's pov

valerie had heard everything that the boy were discussing she just felt so bad a boy like him shouldn't going through this.

she got up to the front counter buying another brownie she walk towards the blonde haired boy "erm excuse me,I kinda heard everything and I know it's no my place but um I got you this brownie " she sat it in front of him valerie was about to walk away when he stopped her.

"hey" his soft voice spoke he looked up, val saw how bad his cheek and lip really were "thanks"

'he's so pretty'

"ive got to get goin' but I hope everything gets better" the dark haired girl tucked strains of her hair behind her ear leaving ths coffee shop.

intrvertd
this is bad