THREE; THE OTHER WOMAN

─── THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC DIDN'T SEEM TO CARE about the sudden return of Tyne Ayers and Theseus found himself appalled at their reaction

─── THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC DIDN'T SEEM TO CARE about the sudden return of Tyne Ayers and Theseus found himself appalled at their reaction. It meant that her father had lied to them directly about her death and it was more than possible that Tyne had to face something horrific over the years when people had long forgotten about her. However, the Ministry had made it more than clear that the only matter of importance surrounded the whereabouts of Gellert Grindelwald and nothing more. Torquil had made that abundantly clear when Theseus approached him about the matter, asking what they should do about Fraser Ayers.

"He's already in Azkaban, Mr Scamander, what more is there to do?" he replied harshly. "I won't hear any more about this selkie nonsense. She's alive, celebrate while you can but I'll hear nothing more about it."

It was true in a sense, there wasn't anything else they could technically do to Fraser Ayers, that hadn't already been done in Azkaban. If Theseus remembered correctly, he had already received the dementors kiss and was currently just rotting away for his crimes. However, Theseus just felt as though the Ministry could have shown that they cared more. After all, they had failed to do their job, obviously, Tyne was still alive when they had written her off as dead. Perhaps they could compensate her in some form or fashion, but they made it clear that it didn't matter whether she returned or not.

Finding himself frustrated with the entire situation, Theseus decided he was going to take it upon himself to keep Tyne safe. For years, he had blamed himself for ever letting her walk away from him in the train station when they were children. He knew that at the time he really didn't have a say in the matter, but it was the way Tyne's father had approached them, he wished he would have said something then.

The idea of saying something and preventing her disappearance had haunted him for so long, but it was like he was given a second chance to make things right. It had to be some form of fate that Tyne had shown up and he had been called to the case, although he was sure that many would just write it off as a pure coincidence. But he didn't believe that to be so, how could he? After all the time that had passed and yet, one of the first things that Tyne had written to him was an apology about never responding to his invitation to come to his home almost two decades prior.

She had nothing to be sorry for and Theseus wanted to prove that to her, he wanted to reassure her that she was safe despite whatever had happened to her. But in order to help her as much as possible, Theseus had to know the details of where she had been and what had happened to her that caused her to disappear for so long. However, that part of his job was going to be a lot more difficult than he anticipated.

"Are you capable of speaking?" he had asked her after they had gone back and forth with him asking questions and Tyne writing down her answer. It had been so long since he had heard Tyne speak, he was curious as to what she sounded like as an adult. She peered up at him with the "puddle" gaze before nodding her head.

It left him to chuckle slightly, seeing as she still held onto her sense of humour but he watched as she wrote something else down on the piece of parchment.