Chapter Twenty-One

Since the smoothie incident this morning things have gone pretty well. No one has pointed out my outfit, I haven't had a run in with any of Danielle's friends, it's been pretty drama free.

But now I'm on my way to advanced English with Liam, and Danielle is in that class.

I can see this going two ways. Either Danielle ignores us and keeps to herself, or she does whatever she can to make me miserable during class. There's no in between.

"Maybe I should just skip." I muttered as we neared the classroom.

Liam shook his head, "You can't let her scare you away."

He's right, but that didn't make me feel any better.

I took a deep breath before entering the classroom, and as soon as I stepped inside I was greeted by the hateful stare of Danielle and her friends.

"Since were friends, I'm gonna be a good one and tell you that you don't have the body to wear a crop top. Do everyone a favour and cover your stomach." Danielle said in a sickly sweet voice, the same tone smoothie girl used on me this morning.

I put my head down in shame and used my arms to cover the small amount of stomach that was showing. I knew I shouldn't have worn this. Did Steph and Lisa lie about how I look in it, because Danielle's comment seemed genuine.

Laughter followed after me as I rushed to my desk and I tried my hardest to block it out, but an angry male voice caught my attention.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Are you so jealous and insecure that you have to tear someone else down just to feel better about yourself? Stay away from Emma and call all your minions off of her too."

Once Liam was done talking he walked over and sat down at the desk beside mine.

"You look beautiful wearing that, don't pay any attention to what anyone else says." He said when I just stared at him in shock.

He stuck up for me, and complimented me. How long is nice Liam going to last? I don't think I could handle any other Liam right now.

"Thanks." I whispered.

His compliment helped a little, but I still felt very self conscious.

"If I didn't have to see them together all the time I wouldn't bother with her anymore. She's a terrible person for flaunting my ex boyfriend in front of me all the time." Danielle complained to her friends.

How is being friends with Liam flaunting? It's not like we're going around holding hands and making out or anything. She's delusional.

"Can class just start already?" I mumbled to myself, and as if someone was watching over me from above, the teacher walked into the room and shushed the class.

I was stuck in my thoughts for the entirety of the lesson and I was extremely surprised when the bell rang.

Liam chuckled at my startled reaction to class ending as he got up to leave and I sent him a playful glare.

"Do you want a ride home today?" He asked as we walked out into the crowded hallway.

I didn't even have to think it over before answering, "That would be great."

I feel bad that dad always has to rush to the school right after work to drive me home, or use his lunch break to drive me home, so it'll be a nice break for him. And I'm not going to pass up on some extra time with Liam.

"I'll meet you in the parking lot after school." He told me, and I nodded in agreement before we split up to go to our last classes.

I quickly texted dad to let him know he didn't have to drive me home as I made my way to my favourite class.