Just give me a Reason

Chapter 28: Just give me a Reason

"Jay, I'm sorry. But I don't want to be with you anymore."

Those words that he dreaded hearing, the very words from Daniel he didn't want to hear were said.

'What? Why?' Jay thought, Daniel wasn't looking at him now, he was walking away.

Jay reached out, trying to grab Daniel.

'Daniel! NO! Please don't leave me alone! Daniel!" Jay wished he could scream this, Daniel continued to walk, farther and farther.

Jay was stuck, his feet refusing to move to his will.

Jay could only fall to his knees as he watched Daniel go.

-----

"Jay? What's wrong?" Daniel's face was hovering as he held close, both were seated on Jay's couch in his home after school.

Daniel noticed the tears coming, he panicked and said, "Jay you're crying? Did I do something? Tissue, tissue."

Jay sat up as Daniel fished out a tissue that was in his pocket (he learned from yesterday to keep some on him) wiping the tears that were streaming down Jay's face.

"..."

Daniel cocked his head to the side confused, "Why would I want to break up with you? I love you."

Jay looked down at Daniel's crossed legs, then at the puppies who were sleeping near them with Enu nearby.

"..."

"Oh, you have something to do? Right now? Sure, I'll see you later.... I guess." Daniel said, he carefully got up and walked to the door.

Jay watched him go, holding the tissue that Daniel used to wipe his tears tightly in his hands.

Daniel picked up his stuff, and walked to the living room door.
He gave Jay one last reassuring smile before walking to the front door.

Jay heard the door open and close.

Jay fell back onto the couch, staring at the ceiling.

'I'm alone... just like before... pushing away people who I love.... Just like before.'

----

Daniel walked quietly, people stared at him but for a different reason.

Daniel hiccuped as he felt tears flow down, wiping them on his sleeves.

'Did Jay just break up with me?' Daniel thought, he never had been in a relationship and dumped before so he didn't know.

Daniel registered what he had done with Jay, besides cause him trouble and make him jealous, he hadn't even had a proper first date with Jay at all.

'Yeah... maybe we do need a break from each other...' Daniel thought, his heart ached at the thought as he continued to walk, not watching where he was going.

"Hey! You!" a voice called as Daniel turned to see the leader and lackey from the amusement park.

This was the worst time to be challenged.

"What do you want?" Daniel asked, he quickly wiped the tears and snot on his uniform sleeve.

The two were bandaged and still had bruises from the attacks from DG and Jay, the gave a sneer at Daniel who could see their lack of teeth in some areas.

"Aww... is the little fag crying because he got dumped? How pathetic. Those guys must've gotten tired of you." the leader taunted.

Daniel clenched his fists, a drop of water fell on his head.