Chapter 9

"That's right! *wheeze* Run you creepy *wheeze* pervy robber!...wait, Y/n? WaIT, *wheeze* who is THIS?" She swung a finger to point at Taehyung. "And WHY is he HUGGING that psycho?"

"I'm the psycho?" You heard Yoongi mutter under his breath.

"Oh my god. " Her wheezing seemed to finally have come to an end, replaced with heavy breathing. "Are they partners? Are they both going to rob me now? Y/n! Why are you on the ground? Did they attack you too?"

She ran to you, picking you up and laying you on her lap like you were dying. "Noooo, my only best friend! You were too young. We were too young! I'll love and remember you forever!"

She sobbed over your body. 

"Ji, what the crap."

"Y/n!" She gasped dramatically. "You're alive!" 

"I was never dead, you psycho."

You supposed you should have seen this coming, Jieun always had been a bit of a drama queen.

"tHERE'S A NAKED MAN STANDING RIGHT THERE AND YOU'RE CALLING ME A PSYCHO?!" 

You sighed. Time to explain. Not that you really knew what was going on either but...at least you weren't screaming and brandishing a large broom.

You just had to keep everyone calm, and not shock your best friend too much. You could do this, everything was going to be fi-

"Technically, I'm a cat," Yoongi interrupted, "And also, technically, you've always been looking at me naked. Petting me naked too actually."

And just like that, there went the plan, along with all your other hopes and dreams.

Jieun's eye twitched, and you heard a small scream building in the back of her throat.

You shot Yoongi a glare as Jieun dropped to the ground, completely passed out. Poor thing, there was only so much crap she could handle.

--------------

The three of you sat around the couch you had dragged the dead-to-the-world Jieun to, in silence.

You looked at Yoongi. "Okay buddy, let's get some clothes on you."

Immediately, he pouted and whined, "I don't wanna, they look so restricting."

Taehyung nodded in agreement, pulling a bit at his own clothing. It was restricting.

You rubbed your forehead where a headache was forming. "I hate to break it to ya, bud, but it's kind of a basic requirement in human life to wear clothing in public." He opened his mouth to protest, but you kept going. "But, you can sleep naked if you really want to, I guess, people do it all the time."

You unfortunately didn't notice the impact your words were having on Taehyung, who was listening attentively. He was determined to learn as much about humans as possible. If they slept naked, he would too.

Yoongi nodded, as if he had a choice. "I'll accept that compromise."

You laughed slightly, before standing up, wrapping a hand around Yoongi's wrist to bring him up with you, again missing Taehyung's dark eyes locking on said hand.

"I'm sure her brother has some clothes somewhere..." You looked him over a bit as the two of you walked up the stairs. "Though you're not that big, so you could probably fit into some of her oversized clothing...which would you prefer?"

He was silent for a few seconds. "Yoongi?" you prodded. 

"I wanna wear Jieun's clothes," he mumbled. 

Luckily for you, you had experience understanding mumbling, as your longtime desk partner in school, Park Jimin, had the worst case of the mumbles you had ever heard. Elementary school till now, he still couldn't look you in the face without blushing a bright red and running all of his words together. Actually, it was quite endearing.

Back to the matter at hand, you nodded and dragged him into Jieun's room, pulling open her pajama drawer and handing him the necessary clothes, along with a pair of boxers from the small set of clothes her brother had apparently left behind when he went off to university.

You waited outside the door, looking around the prettily decorated room and humming softly. 

It was a good 7 minutes before you realized that the shuffling in the bathroom had completely stopped, and the next few seconds brought Yoongi's voice calling out to you.

"...Y/n?" 

You nodded distractedly, even though he couldn't see you. "Yes, honey?"

"...I have no idea how to put these on."

A pained smile stretched its way across your face. 

Just when you thought things had started to go at least semi-smoothly...

Would far could you get if you just ran away? 

Probably pretty far...he wouldn't know I'd left...Taehyung might be an obstacle though...

But when Yoongi's obviously embarrassed voice called out to you once again, you relented, feeling bad, remembering he was still just that adorably sweet kitten you had named so long ago.

Let's get this over with.