ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟙𝟠

"Let me guess—my babysitter for the day?"

Natasha Romanoff laughs upon hearing those words from sitting on the floor, painting her toenails. "Fancy seeing you finally come out. I thought prince ego kept you locked up in his fortress."

Evelyn noticed the bandage wrapping her left shoulder and a massive bruise around her neck. . "Either Doc got kinky, or you managed to earn some battle scars."

The SHIELD's agent gives her an impressive look, smirking. "Last week, you learned how a baby was made, and now you discover new words."

"I did my research." The brunette sprawls herself on the sofa behind Natasha. "China Glaze?"

Once again, Nat looks over her shoulder where Evelyn's head laid on. "Prey Tell. How do you know?"

She was groaning as she raised herself to be in a crawling position. "It was my mom's favourite. She told me she used to love OPI, but a friend of hers recommended it."

The former assassin's smile slowly disappeared as the young brunette didn't seem to notice with her eyes concentrating on The Office show. "What was your mother's name again?"

"Hm? Evaleen. Why?" The girl answered before laughing at whatever Dwight was talking about to Jim. "Want anything? I'm getting a snack." She asks, sitting up.

"Just get me the goldfish. I saw Pepper bought some yesterday. And a beer."

"Got it."

Natasha's eyes linger on the young brunette until she disappears around the corner.

'I love your nails!'

'I will lend you mine next time.'

'And don't dream of getting it back.'

'What else I should expect from you?'

'Uhh? My beauty?'

'ерунда. (Bullshit)'

"What else do you have?"

Snapping herself out of the memory lanes, Nat observes the girl sitting on the floor beside her and looking around the collections. "Just choose whichever you want. Some of it belongs to Wanda—actually, most of them belongs to her."

"Nice." Evelyn smile as she picks up a mustard colour nail polish earning her a questioning look. "Don't worry, and it wasn't for me?"

Natasha tilts her head.

"Not for you too." She adds with a wicked smile on her face, causing the agent to snort a chuckle.

"Don't run at me when he tries to kill you."

"Who tries to kill who?"

Both ladies turn their heads to the new voice and watches Loki approaching them.

"No one." Evelyn smoothly states, putting the polish inside her pocket and turning her attention back to the collection.

Loki narrows his eyes at the mortal girl before turning at the former assassin, who merely shrug and continue coating another layer of the nail. "Try another stunt, and I toss you out of the window."

"Done that to another Stark. He survived." The girl smartly remarks.

Feeling annoyed at her nonchalant, Loki picked up a pillow and smacked her head with it before walking away to search for something to eat.

"The hell?!"

"I see you two hitting off rather nicely—" Natasha state, shaking her head as she watches Evelyn's smirk as she picks a pink glitter polish and put it inside her pocket.

"Rudely more like it."

"Maybe if you sleep in your room, he won't be so—grumpy."

Evelyn leans back, happy with the colour in her pockets. "Can I tell you a secret?"

Sensing the earnestness in her tone. Nat put aside the polish and bent against her knee. "Sure."

"When I was little— I used to hear voices. And whenever I close my eyes—when it dark, eyes suddenly staring back at me that I grow fear of them. I stopped sleeping eventually. I told my mother about it, and she started coming to my room and sleeping beside me. Surprisingly, it helps, and the voices sound distant, and those eyes—they vanish."

"But they come back after her death?" Natasha piece it all-state.

Evelyn nods, opening a packet of blueberries and munching them. "I guess having someone by your side kind of help me get some rest."

The former assassin frankly can relate to her situation. She hardly gets enough sleep with her PTSD and night terror terrorizing her. The red-haired doesn't know what the girl has been through, that she managed to earn herself such hellish experience, but Natasha understand her trouble. "Try camomile tea. Bruce suggested the drink."

"Yeah—Loki made me one, once. Took a sip and can't live with it."

"What's wrong with it?" Nat notices the girl grimace at the memory of it.

"It wasn't the tea—" Loki walked past the room with his tray of drink in his hands. "It's her."

"It was water with dry leaves in it!"

Loki give a side glance at the agent, saying, 'See what I have to deal with?'. "Have a good day, ladies." He bid himself away.

"Loki, wait!"

The god of mischief peeks at the young Stark. "Yes?"

Evelyn flashed him the big bird.

"Very mature, baby Stark." And then he's gone with a totally unamused look.

"I'm surprised he's cool with that—" Nat chortles, tossing a goldfish into her mouth.

"Looks can be deceiving—" Evelyn calmly stated, opening another pack of blueberry that the red hair didn't even catch that she had already finished one. "There will be war when I get back. How did you get that?" She asks, bobbing over the agent's shoulder.

"Hm? Oh. Just took a bullet, rolled down the stairs, broke a few ribs, dislocated my left knee, purple eye—" Natasha tapped her eye and shrugged.

"Another day, another bruise—" The girl offers the silver packet.

"Sadly, Steve doesn't see this as just a bruise." The redhead took a few berries out of the packet. "He saw this as a reason to pull me out of a mission."

Evelyn hums, head nodding. "Capsicle does give those vibes. Big puppy with a mean bite."

Natasha groans throwing her head back as she gulps down the beer and states. "He does give an earful speech. He prohibited me once from using guns— any guns for two freaking weeks."

"It's just a gun, not like he—" The youngest Stark quickly clamp her lips when she senses the oldest woman cold glare, which she instantly looks away, gnawing a handful of goldfish to shut her mouth.

"Let see how you reacted when I took away all your snacks—"

Evelyn hides all her snacks beside her, away from the former assassin upon hearing the treat. "Leave my food alone, woman."