III

III - birthday party

it's december now. four months have passed since the beginning of the school year. you introduced hoseok to seokjin during lunch that first day, and they hit it off. a few days later, seokjin introduced the two of you to three more of his friend; namjoon, yoongi, and taehyung.

seokjin's birthday is this weekend, and you have no clue what to get him. you've spent two weeks thinking about it.

due to the fact that you're only 9, it's hard to come up with funds. your parents only give you so much for birthday gifts, but you know seokjin deserves more.

you decide on making him some coupons along with the gift. you know, those cheesy hand-made ones for hugs or a deed? you make a small booklet, filled with cheesy coupons such as "good for y/n's undivided attention for 1 hour" and "good for one smack to any of our friends." you make sure to include "never expire" at the bottom.

he would love it. it would allow him the chance to use this gift whenever he wants.

*

walking up the steps to seokjin's house, you grin. you spent the last hour picking out your favorite outfit for this party.

you knock on the door, clutching your gift and smiling big when the fresh 10 year old opens the door.

"jinnie!" you run into him and give him a huge hug.

he smiles, "y/n-ie!"

you pull away and hold out your gift to him, the biggest smile on your small face. he grins and accepts the gift, placing on the table surrounded by other gifts.

seokjin grabs your hand, pulling you to the backyard where there is a bouncy castle set up, with 4 other boys inside. you release seokjin's hand and run in, quickly kicking off your shoes outside.

"y/n!" you are tackled by your other best friend.

you're a giggling mess, "hi hobi!" he gets up and starts bouncing around you, making it impossible to stand up.

the other four boys join in, bouncing around you, laughing hysterically. you are laughing, too, trying your best to stand up.

"seokjin! it's time for cake and ice cream!"

a stampede of children run in through the back door, racing to sit around the table. you claim one of the seats by seokjin, while taehyung claims the other. hoseok is sat next to you. namjoon is sat on the other end of the table, directly across from seokjin. yoongi is next to taehyung.

cake is passed around on plates with a cup of icecream with it. everyone sings for seokjin, who claps and laughs, then blows out the candles on his cake.

after cake and icecream, it's time for presents. seokjin receives your gift first. he opens it, seeing a hand painted, wooden firetruck. his jaw drops and he looks over at you. you smile shyly, almost afraid of his reaction.

he lightly places the truck back in the bag, then quickly pulls you into a tight hug, whispering "i love it... thank you y/n!"

after the party, you start saying goodbye to all of your friends, sad to see such a wonderful day come to an end. you put your shoes on, giving seokjin and hoseok one last hug, waving to namjoon, taehyung and yoongi.

"bye guys! see you at school monday!" you smile and run to your mom's car, hopping into the back seat and buckling your seatbelt.

"how was the party, dear?" your mom glances at you from the rearview mirror.

you smile, in a daze, "it was perfect."

*