nineteen | afraid of the way I love you

author's note: omfg my fave chapter so far and i cant wait to hear all of your reactions! maybe this is gonna be a bit bittersweet and cheesy, but ya know sometimes it has to be there
ALSO GUYS WHAT THE FUCK 700 READS ALREADY? I CANT I CANT I CANT YOU MAKE ME SO HAPPY LOVE U BYE

author's note: omfg my fave chapter so far and i cant wait to hear all of your reactions! maybe this is gonna be a bit bittersweet and cheesy, but ya know sometimes it has to be thereALSO GUYS WHAT THE FUCK 700 READS ALREADY? I CANT I CANT I CANT ...

october 30th
london, england

I BARGED INTO XAVIER'S APARTMENT crying so loud that I was sure the whole apartment complex was able to hear it. I really didn't want to bother Xavier and Heather at all, but I just needed someone and I didn't know where else to go. They both looked up astonished when I got into the room. Although I had a hard time seeing clearly, I saw that Heather looked super pretty with her blonde hair in an updo and the most fancy clothing ever.

            "I'm sorry for interrupting," I cried.

They stood up at the same moment and shook their heads.

            "I'll make some hot chocolate milk." When Heather passed me she gently rubbed the side of my arm as a gesture that everything was going to be fine. I wiped some tears off my cheeks and forced a smile onto my face.

Xavier walked up to me and guided me towards the couch where we sat down. It was clear that he couldn't bear looking at me due to him constantly looking away. He awkwardly pushed a hand through his hair and didn't know how to sit comfortably, so kept shifting.

            "I'm so bad at this..." he mumbled.

            "I'm sorry," I said.

            "Don't be, please." He assembled all his guts, fully turned to me and wiped more tears off my face with his thumb. Then he smiled at me and held my chin. "Do you want to tell me what happened? I'm all ears, love."

I tried to speak up, but the only thing coming out of my mouth was unintelligible stuttering.

            "Is it about Chris?" he carefully asked.

I shook my head.

            "My father and sister."

            "What's with them?"

            "God," I breathed out deeply, "you're going to think that I'm crazy when I tell you this, but-"

            "You're not crazy, Autumn."

            "It- they left my mother and me when I was eleven. They never bothered to contact us ever since and I just ran into them."

Xavier nodded.

            "And the worst part about it is that they still don't care. They don't give a fuck about me. They're my family, but they're treating me as if I'm an old friend they never gave two fucks about."