Drift

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Folded paper flew through the air as its wings danced upon the light breeze. Down below, something of similar origin glided along effortlessly.

Streams of pale sunlight broke through the thin, grey clouds above. Their heat wasn't too hot. Rather, it was calming and created the perfect weather for a stroll outside. Some seized such an opportunity, and their forms could be viewed upon the cement sidewalks that bordered the streets.

A pair of dark blue one-inch wedges protected the feet of one of these individuals. Light pink flowers decorated the design of the shoe's fabric. Accompanying these was a short, dark blue dress, and there was a black belt around the waist. Within the individual's ears was a pair of light pink flower earrings. The woman carried a black leather purse, which held a piece of green paper and other items inside.

(F/n) had her hair tied up in the back with a black and dark blue ribbon. Her locks were brushed to perfection, and when the streams of sunlight hit them, they seemed to glow. Upon her lips was a striking dark red lipstick, and her eyes were piercing with the right amount of mascara and eye shadow.

As if those features didn't grab enough attention, her walk was powerful. Every step held a purpose, and her eyes were determined to find her desired location, yet her mind wasn't so fixed on a singular goal. She had her plan for the day set into motion, but she couldn't help the smiles that formed in her mind.

It had been a week since Edmund had given her that bouquet of flowers, and they still sat marvelously on her nightstand. Since then, he had aided her in cleaning up her apartment and rearranging the furniture. At first, she had thought that he only had been joking about his offer to help her, but that had been far from the case. He even had posted a few items online for her to sell and had shown her how to continue to do that for other items.

Tomorrow, they were even going to pick out paint for her place, which she had received permission to do from the landowner as long as she repainted the walls an off-white before she left. Not only was he helping her to remove signs of R ... him from her apartment but also he was making her laugh and smile, which eased her mind immensely from the beatings it had taken previously.

Eventually, she couldn't keep the smiles to herself, and one stretched across her lips in a small, delicate manner. She downturned her head, trying to keep it private, but she figured that some saw it. Still, she had to perform something today. It would be another way of removing her ex from her mind and heart.

When she lifted her head back up, she saw the park coming up. She took a right and headed down the smaller sidewalk, which led to the batch of birch trees. They grew by the stream that traveled through the park and gave the visitor a peaceful, quiet retreat.

Once the sidewalk ended, she stepped onto the grass and gained her bearings before continuing forward. She maneuvered around the many trunks and stepped up beside the water. Her reflection looked back at her as the water carried on at a gentle pace. No smile greeted her lips now.

The present spot had once been a special location for that man and her. He would lay out a large, fleece blanket even though it would pick up the dirt and leaves if there were any on the ground. That man had wanted her to be comfortable, though; she wasn't so sure now that he ever actually had cared about that. She scowled at the memory and kicked some of the dried debris and dirt away.