Yes..

Sirius's pov.

Remus had nearly walked in on me singing, well practicing for the ball, I had hidden and I'm pretty sure he saw me. Then I had been heading down the stairs when I bumped into Hattie, Lily's best friend, she saw me upset and led me to the common room. I found myself opening up to her, she was pretty cool. It was good I had another girl friend other than Lily, the guys are getting a bit suspicious.

She told me it was ok, and there was no problem with being gay, I told her I wasn't gay, she looked at me funny until I said "I'm remussexual" then she laughed, it felt good making someone laugh, like I was back to being me.

She went to meet lily and I decided to go with her, I could use some fresh air, we talked about quidditch, surprisingly she had played chaser with her family, I told her to try out for the team.

She was cute and all but Remus was off the scale, I blushed at the thought of him, at his little smile, at his hair and his...

no

No

No

No!

NO

NO!!

"REMUSS!!!!!" I screamed, Moony was lumbering towards the whomping willow, I snarled, Snivelleus clearly had him under the imperious curse. I was sprinting now tears streaming down my face, that tree would kill him if I didn't get there first, and he couldn't die, not before he knew that I loved him. My feet were pounding against the wet grass, I didn't want to trip, and not get there in time.

The largest branch was about to crash onto him when I shoved him out the way, and that's when everything went black.

James's pov: (same time as Sirius's)

I was getting seriously depressed now. I had asked lily so many times to go to the ball with me and she just wouldn't say yes. I was walking towards the lake to meet her friends and get their help when I ran into one of them, Natalie, she was pretty, but not as hot as Lily. Without thinking I accidently ran into her,

"Oh hey Natalie can I talk to you?" I said, my heart sinking even more.

"Yeah sure Potter what's up?"

I ran my hand through my messy hair and said, sadness in my eyes,

"why doesn't lily like me?"

"Because you're arrogant, she thinks your snobby and annoying, and not really nice enough, to be honest, we all think your pretty funny, and we do try to convince her to go out with you and to be quite frank, Potter I think it's working."

"Really?!"

"Yup, persistence pays off potter." She winked as she walked away,

"Now careful Johnson we all know my heart belongs to Evans! " I called after her, and as she turned the corner, I'm pretty certain I heard her laugh.

Lily's pov:

"POTTER NO I am not going to go out with you just get it through your messy black hair, and into your head!"

I was walking down to the lake to meet my best friends, Hattie, Natalie and Lucy, when I had been rudely distracted by a certain James Potter. Who was yet again trying to ask me out..

"LILY!"

"POTTER GO AWAY"

"No Lily look it's Remus!" Tears in his eyes.

My heartbeat stopped. There was Remus, running head into the whomping willow, I screamed, my hands flew to my mouth and I began to sprint towards them. That's when I saw Sirius, tears streaming down his face. He screamed and you could instantly see his heart fall to the ground as he ran harder and faster and grabbed Remus shoving him out the way as he was going to get swamped by the biggest branch. Crunch. Sirius was covered in blood.

I charged towards Severus who was laughing his head off, and had his wand out. I knew what he'd done, and I wasn't going to stand for it.

" SEVERUS SNAPE YOU DICK GO DIE AND I WONT CARE HOW COULD YOU YOU ARSE.!" Tears poured down my face, he had had Remus under the imperious curse. He nearly killed Sirius and Remus and now I was going to kill him.

His smiled faded, but I felt no remorse whatsoever.

"Lils come on, you hated Black."

"No I didn't!" "I don't hate him I don't even hate Potter! No where near as much as I hate you!"

I turned round looking at James, who was sobbing over Sirius's unconscious and, I choked back sobs as I thought, potentially lifeless form. My heart stabbed, he did feel sadness I guess. I couldn't take it, I turned around and heard a satisfying crunch as I hear snapes nose break, I stamped on him. Everybody in ears reach was listening to me now, either helping Sirius and Remus to the hospital wing or watching me, James was doing both.

"WE ARE NEVER GOING TO BE FRIENDS AGAIN, AND I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY THAT YOU ARE GOING TO HATE AND IM GREAT-FULL THAT I FINALLY HAVE THE CHANCE TO SAY THIS JAMES POTTER YES YES YES YES AND FUCK YES I WILL GO OUT WITH YOU!"

Everything stopped. James managed to drop Sirius, and stared at me as if he had heard me wrong.

"Yes" I whispered. "Yes"