CHAPTER 25 - frozen

"Four, calm down" Eric tries to calm Tobias but he's walking up and down the rooftop angrily.
"Calm down? I just caught you sticking your tongue down my little sisters throat, and you want me to be calm?"
"Four it's none of your dam business what I do! I'm not 12 anymore. You can't control my life or tell me what to do" I scream but Eric puts his hand around my waist in attempt to stop me from hitting my brother.

"You should know better than this! You know what he's capable of!" I snap, that's it.
"Yeah exactly Four, I know what he's capable of, I don't know what your capable of." I refer to his divergence which causes his eyes to widen.
"What do you mean Alex?" Eric looks at me confused.
"I'm just saying I know your intentions Eric, that you wouldn't ever hurt me, emotionally or physically. But you Four, you have put me through mental hell these past few days. Your in the wrong here, so just back off and leave me alone" Tobias scoffs in hurt, I swear I see a tear in his eye.
"Alex, calm down. I haven't done anything but be honest with you. I'm the same brother you had when you were back in abnegation, I haven't changed"
"You kept this a secret, you could have told me. You didn't, you chose to leave it. You may be the same brother but you'll always be a liar." I spit.
"Would someone care to tell me what's going on?" Eric sounds so confused.
"Keep out of it Eric!" My fist clenches as Tobias's words come out.
"Dont scream at him like that! Your nothing but a lying bastard! Leave me alone or I might just say something I'll regret" I warn him. He storms off the rooftop and Eric envelopes me in a hug.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I shake my head and Eric sighs.
"Okay, hey it's getting pretty late, you should get some rest, final test tomorrow and all"
"Didn't you want to tell me something though?"
"That can wait, come on let's get you back to the dorms."

+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+

So we all sit here, outside the glass room. Final testing has begun and Harry is currently inside. I tap my foot anxious to do my final test.
"You nervous?" Jane puts a hand on my shoulder and I nod.
"Don't be, we'll be fine"
"Yeah I know" I smile half heartedly.
"So any news? How's things going with you and Eric?" She whispers and I blush before pursing my lips.
"Spill!" She notices my reaction and I can't help the genuine giggle that escapes.
"We kissed, a few times actually" my mind slips back to the night on the train, then the rooftop. A warm feeling fills me and all my anxiety fades.
"Really? Oh my god! Alex when?"
"Tuesday, and last night"
"Was it good?"
"So good" I can't believe I'm talking about this.
"Okay I need more detail-"
"What are you girls talking about?" Adam buts in on the conversation, followed by jack and Danny.
The door opens and Harry walks out. "Your up"
"I expect a full run down later" Jane winks and I gulp standing from my seat.

As I walk inside I see a table full of leaders. Max, Eric, Carlyle, Marty, Lita, Georgia and Walter. The trainers are also in the room. Tobias is standing beside the chair not Eric, leaders must observe not administer. They can see inside my head, all 6 of them. I sit down without making eye contact with my sibling.
"Good luck" I feel the needle enter my skin.
"I don't want your luck"

+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+

I gasp for air as I sit up in the chair, I look around and see all of the leaders are looking at me, eyes widened. They now all know what happened me as a child. I swallow hard instantly feeling embarrassed. The leaders have a short conversation before Eric stands from his seat, and approaches me. He doesn't embrace me, just stands before me.

"Marcus will be removed from leadership, the crimes that he committed are awful and he will be punished for that." I nod my head before smiling gratefully.
"The other leaders have decided to let me escort you to get some food. I volunteered." I smile even brighter at his words.
"Thank you" words come out stronger than I would have after what I've just faced.
"Come on, let's go" He makes his way out of the room and I follow. We pass the my friends and Jane's face lights up when she sees me with Eric. She winks and I shake my head.

"What was your friend winking at hmm" Eric teases as we walk down the hall.
"Wouldn't you like to know" two can play at that game.
"So you want to go to the dining hall or my place?" I think for a second before remembering Harry will be in the dining hall.
"Can we go to yours?" He nods before stopping outside his door.
I follow him inside and take a seat on the sofa, he slots in beside me.
"You did amazing, in the landscapes today" he hums through the silence in the air. I smile up at him but don't say anything.
"I know it was hard, them all seeing everything, same thing happened to me in my test, with my brother. But they keep everything confidential, don't you worry."
"You always know what to say" I snuggle my head into his neck and he snakes his arm around my shoulders.

"So what's going on with you and your brother?" He catches me off guard.
"Nothing"
"Alex, really? We've been honest about everything else why hold back now?" I feel a pang of guilt in my chest, I want to tell him.
"Eric, there is something going on, but I don't think it's my problem to share. I want to tell you I really do, but I can't"
"I understand, don't worry" he kisses my forehead and my cheeks heat up.
"Didn't you want to talk to me about something yesterday evening?" Eric sighs and takes my hand in his.
"I don't know how to tell you this," that's when I start to get worried.
"If it's confidential you don't have to tell me, but you can you know that" my voice is quiet as a mouse. He stares into my eyes, his pupils are nervous.

"I'm divergent"
And I'm frozen.