27. Strength

-Tilly-

-Tilly-

It was safe to say that Jade was not happy with us. Arch and I only wanted to see what was going on between him and Oliver. We definitely weren't spying on them to get proof that Jade actually liked Oliver and use that information against him or anything.

But what we ended up seeing was priceless.

I turned to sneak a peek at Jaden, who was sitting next to me in my car. He was staring at me. He was sitting sideways on his seat, leaning against the door with his arms crossed over his chest, and he just stared at me under his scrunched eyebrows.

"So? How's it going?" I asked, and hesitated for a moment, before I added, "Wolfie."

Arch burst out laughing immediately, and I couldn't stop myself from chuckling either.

"You two are just massive idiots," Jaden muttered.

"Come on – you were playing fetch with the mate you do not want," I said.

"Why the hell were you following me?" Jaden asked while Arch kept laughing on the backseat.

"We just wanted to make sure everything is all right," I smirked. "Muffins."

Arch laughed even harder, and Jade gave him an ugly glare.

"You were following us the entire time?" he hissed at me.

"Of course," I nodded. "And I must say, you are a very good boy."

Jaden growled at me and slouched on his seat. He really was not happy with us. I had the feeling he wasn't going to talk to us anytime soon.

"I mean it," I said, focusing on the road. Arch's laughter died away as well, but he was still chuckling quietly. "I think it was really nice of you to spend some time with him. He seemed happier."

"Whatever..." Jade muttered.

I rolled my eyes and let out a silent sigh. Typical...

But that was Jaden. He had qualities that would make him a great alpha one day, but right now they all were mixed with his refusal to grow up, making him unbearable at times. I didn't mind because I knew I was just as unbearable, or maybe even worse, but I felt sorry for the human boy. I was also interested to see why our next alpha would choose him as his mate. Our goddess may have chosen Oliver, but she would never choose one Jaden himself wouldn't want.

Another thing that interested me was Arch's opinion about Oliver. He didn't seem to have one, except that he said Oliver seemed harmless. I didn't believe Oliver was a Diviner, but I didn't believe he was crazy either. He was definitely human, that was for sure, but that didn't mean he was just like the rest of them.

I was dying to know what was going on.

"And here we are again," I sighed, when our school came into view.