Mom Interference ♛

Farrah's POV

Farrah's POV

Jackson and I walked down the stairs. Jackson had just finished putting on his football uniform, and we were headed to get food. Surprisingly, Jackson made the football team. Not that I wasn't excited for him, but it just wasn't expected.

"Hey, sports fans, gotta carbo-load before practice. Coach's orders." Jackson said, heading towards the food

I shrugged and followed him, "And I'm just really hungry."

"Oh. Why are you dressed up like a football player?" Dj asked, seizing up Jackson new look

"Because I tried out for them team, and guess what? I made it!" Jackson said, bouncing around, "Ta-da! I mean Boo ya!"

Dj looked at me for guidance, and I ignored her gaze, too busy staring at Jackson.

Jackson went to high five everyone, and Dj turned to me, "You're drooling a little, hun."

I went beat red, "What?"

"I'm just kidding. But you are a little obvious." She winked, "But don't worry. I don't really think Jackson is clever enough to catch on."

I nodded and turned around to see Jackson flirting with Lola, "You're right about that."

"So, Lola, I guess you'll be cheering for me in the old griddle iron?" Jackson asked, leaning against the counter

"I think the term is 'Gridiron." I said, sitting down at the table with a bowl of strawberries I took from the fridge.

Jackson glared at me, and I raised my hands in surrender before turning away from their conversation to enjoy my snack.

"Whatevs. Just as long as you're cheering for me from the balcony." He said, turning back to her

"You mean the stands?" She asked, holding in her laughter

"Whatevs." He sighed, still trying to act cool

"Jackson," Dj called, waving him over, "Why didn't you tell me about wanting to play football?"

"Because you'd get all freaked out and then pretend it's fine." He said

"And then yell at him for it... and then for some reason yell at me to?" I defended

"I wouldn't get all freaked out." Dj argued, "And I only yell at you because you're supposed to stop him from doing dumb stuff."

"I'm lazy." I replied, pointing my strawberry at her

"Ok, but why wouldn't you ask me for... Oh, I see what I did there." She nodded

"Don't worry, mom. I'll see you after rehearsal. I mean practice." He said, putting on his helmet and doing stupid football moves out of the kitchen.

I got my bag and bowl of strawberries, moving to follow him out.

"Wait, why are you going?" Dj asked