Chapter 39

"So you didn't get me the gown ?" she asked just to be sure.

Damon not wanting her to start worrying just laughed. "It's just a joke Lee. You should have seen your face."

"Very funny Damon, don't joke about things like that." she angrily said

"I'm sorry Lee, you should just relax." he said patting her back.

"It's not that easy." she said sighing

"It is. Don't worry okay everything is fine." he said smiling. " I have a surprise for you."

"What's it?" she asked letting out a small smile.

He opened the door at which they stood in front of and it was completely dark.
"Damon what are you trying to do?" she asked a bit scared. He couldn't kill her could he?

It was when she heard the excited voices shout surprise she realised he had thrown a birthday party for her despite how she told him not to.

"Damon I thought I told you not to throw a party. "

"I just want you to have fun." he said placing something around my eyes.

I looked around and everyone else had it, it was like a masquerade ball. At least no one would really recognise me.

At the farthest corner of the room they stood accessing the Alpha's Luna. This was the first time they were seeing her well for some but they couldn't really recognize her.

"Happy birthday Lee." Sam and Jonathan congratulated hugging her.

"As if the number of times I hear happy would make me happy." I scoffed

"You're such a party popper." Jonathan said leaving to enjoy the party.

"So are we still leaving?" Sam asked up

"Of course. I don't want to put his pack at risk Sam."

"I understand. We'd put the plan in formation." Sam said leaving

She looked around the room, there were securities at every corner, every door. Damon was talking to Aria and they seemed to have been in a very serious conversation. She took it as her queue to walk away. She had not gone far when Chase stopped her handing her a drink.

"Come on let's toast to a good life. " he gave her and she drank not wanting to stay any further.

Damon went up to the stage, a glass in his hands. "I'd like to thank everyone for coming. Let's make a toast to my Luna, to good health and long life. "

Everyone collected a drink from the waiters and waitresses handing out drinks and she collected again. She could even say an amen to the toast. She took the drink in one long gulp and continued walking.

She felt a hand around her and from the tingles she knew it was Damon. He nibbled on her neck kissing her softly.

"How about we go cut the cake and get out of here?" he asked standing in front of her smiling

She wanted to say no to that but she could at least stay to eat the cake and leave immediately, no exceptions after that.

They walked to where the cake was, it was a big blue cake. She cut the cake and ate it.

"We have to leave now if we want to leave." Sam whispered in my ear.

He took my hands and we began walking through the crowd. Just as we were about to pass through the door Aria stopped us. Come on what's with them?

"And where are you both going to? " she asked

"I want to give Lee my gift to her." Sam answered.

She looked at us suspiciously but said nothing leaving. Suddenly, my head started spinning, I was loosing balance. I turned to look at Sam, it seems as if it was affecting him. Looking around I turned to see everyone was like that. All the lights went off and I could faintly hear Damon call my name weakly. Bodies were on the floor unconscious and soon I joined falling on the floor.

Very short chapter. Filler actually. I'm tired of the book and would try to finish it as soon as possible. What do you think happened?

Don't forget to vote
Comment
Add to reading list and library
Follow

Thanks