Chapter 17

~Leonardo~

As the months after Dianna's death passed, more employees were murdered. News reporters suspected petty Night Prowler attacks, but I knew that it was much deeper than that.

Isaac, Dianna's eldest son, came to work with us. He had nowhere else to go to. He made good friends with Donatello and Michelangelo. Isaac trained harder and learned new moves faster than anyone else.

In a way, I felt guilty about his mother's death. I couldn't offer him more than a job because he would accept nothing else. Isaac always keeps to himself and focuses on work.

Irene moved to New York to work in Hamato Solutions' medical unit. She trains to become a surgeon while continuing to work as a nurse. Raph took a liking to her that can be annoying sometimes. They're that couple, the ones that always overly display affection.

Eliza and I are complicated, to simply put it. She became my full time assistant after we returned from Japan. Between always working and being swarmed by reporters, we have no time to ourselves. We dont even know if we're in a relationship.

The car rides to work became longer and the work days became duller. The occasional Night Prowler attack would create a temporary excitement. The snake lady has not shown herself since she tried to kill Eliza.

"Good morning, Mr. Hamato," Marianne, Karai's assistant, greeted me. "Eliza has already taken your papers to your office this morning. Could you take this to Raphael, please?"

"Sure thing," I responded before taking the paper and making my way to the upper floors.

I trodded through the hallway to my brother's office. I knocked on the door, hushed whispers came from the other side. "One minute!" The red clad turtle shouted.

When he finally opened the door, Irene was cleaning up pieces of a broken mug. Raph picked up some folders from off the floor and placed them on his desk. I shook my head, "Another 'meeting' together? You know, some people don't know how to knock."

"I don't mean to impose, but you were the first to have any sort of relationship to another in the work place," the brunette pointed out in her native accent.

"It's not about me," I retorted. "Be more careful next time."

I didn't wait for one of them to say something before quickly leaving the awkward air. Disappointed that Eliza wasn't waiting to greet me in my office like she normally did, I lowered myself into the desk chair to begin paperwork.

It wasn't long before I was bothered by a coworker. The mutant turtle genius had Raph by his side. "I wanted to conduct a blood test on you both," Donatello explained. "Not just to understand more about mutant and the different species, but to find out more about our history."

The purple clad turtle made the slightest subconscious adjustment to his pristine white lab coat before continuing. "I have a suspicion that somehow our mutations are connected. I'm sure that you're both as curious as I am," he held up a tablet and gave it a few touches to the screen.

"I've done research and there's only been five possible sightings of mutant turtles in the past, when mutants were discriminated against. Witnesses have only ever claimed to see four turtles, each with a different colored mask."

Once he finished his ramblings, I spoke up. "But wouldn't we remember something like that? I only remember having one brother and no one else. Not a father, a mother, or even a sister."

Raph rolled his neon green eyes. "Before now it was just you that had a feeling that there was something strange going on around us, but now you question if his feeling is right."