Sam Wilson-Pinch Me

"Oh my—"

Your friend trailed off as she turned to you with big, round eyes.

"It's Captain America!" She mouthed excitedly and you looked up from the shirt you were holding.

True to her word, Captain America was walking down the men's shoe aisle of Target with two other men who had their backs to you. It looked like they were trying to shop without being recognized.

Which they were utterly failing at, apparently.

Y/F/N began to hop on the balls of her feet and you groaned loudly. You admired Captain America as much as anyone else, but you hated invading people's privacy and personal space. Y/F/N, on the other hand, could care less about that sort of thing. She had gotten carried away once at the sight of Tony Stark and tried to strangle one of his security detail.

Happy was his name and you only remembered that because he looked anything but.

"Come on, Y/N!" Y/F/N squealed and grabbed your hand, dragging you towards them.

You muttered evilly under your breath and tripped over your feet to purposely slow Y/F/N down, but your attempts were futile as you both stopped right in front of the men.

You knew how Y/F/N could be around celebrities for a 22 year old, especially the male kind and you mentally cringed as Captain America gave you guys an awkward smile, resulting in the other two turning around with similar expressions.

Suddenly, you froze.

You couldn't believe it.

Right in front of you, standing at a minimum of two feet, was Falcon.

The Falcon.

You were in love with the guy ever since he had started hanging out with Captain America, but you didn't want to seem as though you were salivating over him.

Keep your cool, keep your cool.

"Hi! My name's Y/F/N and this is my best friend, Y/N. We don't mean to interrupt anything, but we were wondering if we could take a picture with you?" She said with a bright smile.

You took a step back to show you weren't interested in a picture.

You sighed heavily as Y/F/N snuggled into the side of Captain America and beamed at Falcon, who was taking the picture.

"You sound thrilled," the Winter Soldier crossed his arms and smirked at you as you shrugged.

"She always does this. I don't like to bother with it most of the time, but...," he raised his eyebrows as you hesitated and glanced at Falcon.

"Pinch me, he's gorgeous."

The Winter Soldier threw his head back and roared with laughter and you quickly looked away as the others shuffled closer.

"Shut up!" You hissed and he immediately pressed his lips together, trying to compose himself.

"What's so funny, Buck?" Captain America asked, his arm still around Y/F/N's shoulder.

Falcon eyed the both of you speculatively, but neither of you said a thing. Your cheeks flamed as the Winter Soldier looked at you with knowing eyes and began to laugh harder.

"We have to go!" You said quickly and yanked Y/F/N away from the Captain.

"Thanks for the picture! I love you!" Y/F/N called over her shoulder as you dragged her to the exit.

You paused at the sliding doors and peered at the men once more, two of whom were watching you with confused looks and the other with a crazy smile.

The Winter Soldier winked at you.

Irritated, you poked your tongue out at him and huffed into the parking lot, Y/F/N following you morosely.

That was the last time you'd open your mouth around any superheroes.

—————

They watched as you stomped out the door, muttering under your breath and dragging along the overly eager friend that had tried to squeeze Steve into nonexistence.

"What was that about?" Steve asked, turning to Sam and Bucky. Bucky was shaking with silent laughter and Sam rolled his eyes as the man bent over to catch his breath.

"She's a funny one." He managed around his sudden fit of giggles.

"Well, what'd she say?" Sam pressed impatiently.

"That," Bucky straightened and shook his head with a faint smile on his face, "will stay between the two of us."

"We're never gonna see her again, Buck. Just tell us," Steve said.

"That's where you're wrong, my friend. Sam's seeing her this Friday night."

They watched as Bucky ran out of the store and disappeared into the parking lot, his head whipping back and forth in search of you.

"He's not going to—"

"He is." Steve interrupted.

Sam sighed.

Suddenly, the soldier appeared at the entrance with—

"Bucky!" Steve shrieked.

He gestured for them to come outside as you snapped viciously at him from over his shoulder. Sam chuckled at how abrasive you were towards Bucky, your face flushed with anger.

"She must've said something about you," Steve said as they went to rescue you from Bucky.

"I don't know, man. But I hope she says yes."

Sam smiled widely, his mind already made up to ask out the girl who had just kicked the Winter Soldier in the chin.

"My kinda girl."