Chapter 12: Related!?

Zhihuan begins his walk towards the Chambers of Eternal Youth with a grim expression. He had never really liked this particular chamber. Lan Min and his maids follow behind him as he walks up to its long pathway. Lan Min seems to have a light skip to his steps as he walks, his face showing a big grin. Just what was up with him? Suddenly a familiar set of emerald eyes appear in Zhihuans eyes, causing him to smile.

"Aarush," He happily calls, waving to him. Unknown to everyone, Lan Min suddenly halts his steps as he frowns. Normally he would get flustered and blush when he catches sight of Aarush but a sudden piercing pain suddenly enters his head. He winces as he grabs his head, his headpiece almost falling off. As soon as the strange pain had come, it was gone, leaving Lan Min wondering just what on earth had happened. 

"Zhi Zhi." Aarush yells in happiness as he catches sight of the crown prince, bounding up to him before launching himself at the crown prince. If it had been anyone else he would have already died then and there. But everyone knew about the Crown Prince and Aarush's friendship and of course his unique personalities. Zhihuan blushes, embarrassed but could not help but smile. It must be a weird sight to many to see two grown men embrace like this. Even if one was acting in the manner of a child. 

"Zhi Zhi it is great to see you again." Aarush says as he gets back up, brushing himself down. Zhihuan smiles before it falters, a memory suddenly entering his mind. An image of a small teen covered in scars and blood resurfaces, the boy's eyes seemingly lifeless and cold. To think this was the same boy now. So much has changed. 

"Ah my deepest apologies Crown Prince. It seems that side came out again. Please forgive me." Aarush says, suddenly returning to his normal self out of the blue. Aarush sees the cold glare from the Crown Prince and quickly corrects himself.

"I mean Zhihuan. Please don't mind me." He says, slightly chuckling.

"I'm deeply hurt. It seems you only care about me at certain times." Zhihuan fakes out with a sad voice causing Aarush to roll his eyes as he smiles.

"Anyhow I have been sent out to patrol the area with my soldiers. I have been informed that the Empress is already inside and waiting." Aarush tells Zhihuan who nods. 

As soon as they reach the grand entrance Lan Min announces Zhihuan's presence and waits outside until called. Zhihuan's expressionless face once again comes out as he steps through the doors. 

"Are you okay? You look a little pale" Aarush calls out, causing Lan Mins head to snap in his direction, his eyes widening. A sudden dull ache seems to spread in his head once again before disappearing. 

"Ah yes yes, please do not worry about me, I am nothing but a eunuch." Lan min somehow manages to utter our, praying his face was not a bright red. 

"But we are all humans in the end are we not?." Aarush says, tilting his head as he pouts, confused. Ahh, little Aarush made an appearance once again. 

"Min Min, come with me to get some air as we patrol around." Before Lan Min could even protest, Aarush grabs him by the hand and runs off with him down the stairs.   

Zhihuan enters the room to see his mother sitting before him. He bends down and kowtows, calling out, "May empress mother live ten thousand years," before standing up again.  The room was lit up brightly with candles, a fragrant aroma circling the air. Zhihuan glances up at his mother before him. She was a magnificent woman with a tremendous aura. Her raven black hair was piled up on top of her head with a large number of jewelry and headpieces pinned to it. Her lips were painted a deep blood red, contrasting with her snake-like eyes that were almost the colour of ink.  Her long robes were a dark maroon, creating a startling image of an empress that seemed like she was crafted by the fire god himself.