Day 5

Claudius and Caesar Show

"Hello, good citizens of Panem, and welcome to the Caesar Flickerman Show, where you get the best coverage and analysis of this year's Games! I'm your host, of course, Caesar Flickerman," Caesar flashed a winning grin, "And this is my astute co-host, Claudius Templesmith!"

A little jingle played introducing the show and then Caesar continued. "I have to get your opinion, Claudius. Now that we've seen these ultra-powerful tributes in action, what do you have to say about these Games and their potential outcome?"

Claudius chuckled, shaking his head. "These tributes are crazy. It's not even a full week and a little over half of the tributes have been slain. This Games is exciting . . . And beyond the scope of our beliefs about Hunger Games wildness."

"And what do you make of the dragon with Kylo Ren and the alliance of three being decimated?"

"I've got to say, that had me on the edge of my seat. I wonder if Kylo Ren will go searching for his saber again now that he's conquered the trio, or if he'll avoid the dragon." Claudius answered.

"You're absolutely right. This Games has been one of twists, turns, and surprises, for sure. Dare I say that this might be the most exciting Games yet?" Caesar asked Claudius in all seriousness.

Claudius nodded. "I think I would dare to say that as well, Caesar."

Caesar faced the screen with a knowing, intense smile. "Well, there you have it. Declared here by Claudius Templesmith and I, Caesar Flickerman, these Games and this Quarter Quell are the most exciting, surprising, wild Games yet! Now let's check in with our remaining eleven tributes!"

The screen switched over to the cameras in the arena.

The first set of tributes shown were Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks setting by a fire.

Then the screen flashed to Clint Barton -- Hawkeye --, Peter Parker, and Gale Hawthorne.

Next was Kylo Ren, prowling throughout the forest, clearly in search of something.

Then King Killmonger appeared, sitting at the bottom of one of the great trees, his head turning on a swivel to keep an eye on his surroundings.

And finally the camera showed Seth Clearwater and Clove Kentwell. It zoomed in, focusing on the two newly-found lovebirds.

The audience had been watching the past few days as Clove had slowly began to trust Seth more and more. She insisted on keeping watch the first night they were together, but he also was determined to keep watch -- she to keep an eye on him and make sure he didn't kill her the first chance he got, and he to protect Clove as well.

Clove's actions had remained quite hesitant, but it was clear that she was easing into the new alliance. She had allowed Seth to keep watch overnight on the third night, partly because she was about to pass out due to extreme exhaustion and partly because she was beginning to trust him anyways.

Seth had demonstrated his ability to shape-shift and turn into a large grey wolf to her a few times. Clove could barely believe it. She still didn't completely trust Seth, but with each day that he seemed more and more dedicated to protect her, Clove knew that she had to stay with him. Here was another tribute, in the arena, attempting to help Clove win specifically. She couldn't get rid of such an excellent opportunity.

The more time they spent together, the more Seth tried to get to know her. Clove was confused on how Seth could declare that he was infatuated and in deep love with her from first sight, but she accepted it — he could turn into a wolf, so why couldn't he fall in love at first sight?