Chapter 40

I woke up in an extremely dark room. Scanning the room I realized it was empty. I looked down at myself only to realize I was tied with silver chains. Great,Loranda was able to get to me before I could escape. I heard voices outside and I waited expecting to see Loranda but the person I saw shocked me terribly.  It was Damon's beta, the one Damon had embarrassed, so  this is what this is about?

"You're shocked to see me oh precious rogue Luna." He smiled devilshly.

"At this point I don't think I am. So what's your deal? Loranda put you to it or the big bad beta couldn't take a punch?" I asked in a mocking way.

  "I deserve to be alpha not your stupid mate." He angrily said throwing a stone at me and I laughed hiding the pain.

"So you're jealous then. That's what this is about, seriously?" I couldn't believe it, I was tied to a chair with a silver chain because someone was jealous and wanted revenge.

"I'm going to make you all pay." He angrily said.

"And how do you intend to do that? Keep me here forever?"  I mocked.

"Do you know how crazy Damon is right now, it has been two weeks since he saw his beloved. Add one more week to that and he'd lose it completely. He's barely functioning now, the council will have to take him down and guess who they'd put in his place, that's right, me."

"Wow, I'd have clapped at your genius plan if my hands weren't tied." I retorted

"I'm going to make sure Damon is completely destroyed."

  "Great. So can I go already?" I asked sounding bored.

"No. You're also going to pay because it's your fault that he embarrassed me that day." He said gathering some weapons and I laughed.

  "I'd advise you not to use any of that on me." I was acting all tough but deep down I was breaking down.

The silver chains were burning me internally, it was draining me of the little strength I had. I couldn't even use my powers at this point. If he used any of the weapons which were all mixed with silver then I was doomed and so was Damon.

"Do you know how painful these weapons are. You're going to gnash your teeth in pain and you won't be able to do anything about it. I'm going to end you, that's the worst pain that would over power Damon. The death of his mate. It'll be very agonizing, that's the worst thing to happen to any mate. The loss of a mate is hard to get over, most people become useless after that."

"Damon wouldn't. You're so petty, just because of a little punch and disgrace you're going to kill me to take revenge on Damon. Grow some balls."

"Oh, this isn't just about that. He took my place. A stupid boy from nowhere that they found in the woods, he took my place. I was supposed to be alpha until he came along. Do you expect me to love him after that, I'm going to end you and then him. You're going to beg me for your life and I wouldn't spare you."

"That's where you are wrong. I don't beg." I smirked.

   It was quite revealing to discover that Damon wasn't originally from the pack. Then where exactly was he from? There was still a mystery around him and I know he was hiding something from me.

"Well we'd see about that." He said as he whipped me with a silver whip and I let out a scream.

  Damon's POV

I could feel the pain again. She was tormenting her. I couldn't believe that after the security and everything Loranda still managed to get in. No one even knew what happened. Our drinks must have been drugged. Someone on the inside must have helped her. My heart was shattered when I woke up to see Lianna missing. We searched everywhere within the packs' territory, I had even searched surrounding packs but I wasn't able to find her. I've been going crazy with worry and anger. The frequent torture shows that she's still alive. I could feel every pain she felt. It was killing me that I couldn't save her and had no idea about her whereabouts. I had done everything I could, Sam had conjured all he could but still there was no idea about her whereabouts. At first Sam had suggested maybe she left, I was shocked to find out that she was planning to leave on the day if her birthday, why would she want to leave me now when I thought everything was okay.

   Things weren't going on well in the pack either as Cici had reported me to the council claiming she was pregnant for me which was obviously a lie because only my mate or a white wolf can carry my young but they thought I was like an ordinary wolf. The council believed her lies and she seemed to have falsified the test claiming the child is mine. The result of it was the council proclaiming that I had three days to mark her and make her my Luna and over my dead body was I going to let that happen. I belong to only one woman, till death fo us part.

  My beta walked in and I sighed looking up at him. I had tasked everyone with the job of looking for her. Chase,Sam, Jonathan, warriors, everyone was helping. I was going sick with worry. I could barely eat or sleep. I've been in my office checking territories that we've covered and the ones still to cover.

"Any news?" I asked him although I could see from his looks that there wasn't any good one.

"Not yet sir. Our men are still searching. I believe we can still find her." He said and I gave him a curt nod. I was loosing it, I had to let out my frustration on something. I dismissed him after having an internal battle with myself. I had initially wanted to hold him down and query him for not being able to do a thing but I knew he was trying everyone was.

  I have tried severally to reach Loranda but it seemed like she was the one who called the shot, she only appears when she wants to. I think all I had to do was wait and hope that she comes to me and I'd make her an offer she can't refuse.