17

"Why did you call us here? There could be villains out there hurting people." Barry crossed his arm.

"There's...a situation." I sighed looking away.

"What kind of situation?" Bruce narrowed his eyes.

I opened my mouth before shaking my head. "It'll be easier to show you."

I led them through the Cave to my therapy room. Which...

"Why does this place look like a nursery?" Ollie questioned, his gaze no doubt questioning. "Is-"

John phased through the wall, supplies in his arms. "Is this all?"

I nodded. "Thank you."

"Why are there so many cribs?" Walking over to one, Orin looked into it.

He froze before reaching down and lifting up Kaldur.

The little Atlantean's eyes flickered open and he laughed.

"Are all of-"

Crying interrupted Barry and he rushed over to a crib.

"I'm guessing the answer is yes." He sighed, lifting up his nephew.

I picked up Artemis and handed her to my husband before distributing the rest of the kids to their respective adult.

Except Percy, who I kept seeing as Orin already has Kaldur.

He looked up at his mentor and said something in Atlantean.

Orin kissed his head before responding in English. "We are on the surface Kaldur."

"Mommy?" Percy finally woke up. Then...I don't think she liked me holding her because she started crying.

"Here." Diana took her from me, gently bouncing her. But that only made her cry harder.

"Why am I holding him?" Clark questioned, holding Connor in one arm.

"He's your son."

"No he's not."

"Yes he is!" Wow... apparently we all agree with each other.

Orin sat down Kaldur and took Percy from the demigod.

"Sh, it's okay." He gently ran his fingers through her hair.

"I want Mommy!" She yelled.

Resting his head on hers, he sighed. "She's at work sweetheart."

Then he sat her down and wiped away her tears. "It's okay, don't cry."

Percy rubbed at her eyes, sniffling.

Kaldur wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a hug.

"Where's M'gann?" Diana questioned.

John phased through a wall before returning with a bundle of blankets.

White claws appeared momentarily, pulling the blankets tighter.

Sighing the Martian shifted into his actual form and knelt down to place his niece on the ground.

The blankets slipped off of her head, causing a small gasp to rise from my lips.

She's a white Martian. No wonder she freaks out when I comment that her skin turned white.

They stared at each other for a minute before she pressed her head against his.

"I want Mommy." Percy repeated.

"She will be back." Kaldur replied. "She might bring candy."

"You eat a lot of candy." She giggled.

"I like candy."

What are we going to do about this? Bruce questioned, shifting Dick to his other arm as the small Romanian boy continued crying.

Kaldur will need water. His lungs cannot function for exceedingly long periods yet.

Why are those two even used to air? Barry looked at Orin.

The king was silent for a minute looking at his two protégés.

I glanced over at them, Percy casting wary glances at all of us adults.

"When is Mommy coming back?" She straightened the dress I had put on her earlier.

"She didn't say, how about you two go play?"

Nodding, Percy looked over at Megan.

She walked over to her and gently took a clawed hand in hers. "Play with us?"

Megan looked up at her in surprise. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"I'm going to go keep an eye on them." Diana smiled and followed the three of them as they rushed out.

"Why won't you give her a straight answer? We could always get her mother to come get her." I put my hands on my hips.

He sighed sitting on the arm of a chair.

"Aquaman answer the question."

His body started shaking and he covered his face with one hand.

Why is he...why does he not want to answer this?

Walking over I placed a hand on his shoulder, trying to get a response. Any response.

"Her mother was murdered." He forced out. "You...you can't tell Kaldur anything I'm about to say."

I nodded before looking at the others, silently asking them to leave.

They thankfully did leaving me alone with him.

"What is it Orin?"

He looked up at me, tears falling from his eyes.

"I- I knew Percy had just gotten home so I decided to make sure she was okay. But when I found her..." He sighed. "She looked so broken, she was just sitting there."

"There was so much blood..." He whispered. "And-" He broke off.

"What else?" I pressed trying to help him.

"I can't stop seeing their bodies."

I didn't comment on how he said bodies, instead focusing on my friend.

"Listen to me Orin, I want you to try art therapy. It'll help you deal with that and if nothing else it might help get your mind off of things."

"I need to take care of Percy and Kaldur."

"Then draw with them. And-"

I don't know what I should do. Percy shouldn't be taking antidepressants at this age.

And I'm pretty sure talk therapy won't work too well.

"I'm going to go buy some coloring books." I walked towards the door. "Try to keep Clark from killing Connor."

I'm going to just say

I'm gonna get some food then sleep

Cause I don't know if I'm riding the bus tomorrow so...

See yah