𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

Parker stared at himself in the mirror as he toweled dried his blonde curls. He looked so much like his father that it incited a degree of hatred for himself. The thick blonde hair, and chiseled cheekbones, he could live with the painstaking resemblance. What unnerved him was his eyes. The similarity of the glacier-blue orbs terrified him sometimes, he felt like he was devoid of any emotion and becoming more and more like his father.

What flicked in his father that led for him to become an abuser? Would it happen to him? He knew it was irrational so he turned the music up on his speaker trying to drown out his thoughts.

Practices leading up to the homecoming game had been nothing short of hell, but he put his all into the workouts, it made him feel something.

He was the last person in the locker room and was also 30 minutes late for class. He just didn't care. Nothing would happen to him. His teachers would reprimand him with a smile, ask how practice for the homecoming game was going, and inquire about his father's well-being.

His family life was going deeper in hell, his father came home drunk almost every night so he hardly got any sleep because of the chaos and Paige was utterly terrified and needed her big brother to protect her.

He slipped on his boxers and a pair of grey sweatpants disregarding the dress code but he couldn't find an ounce in him to care.

He sighed when he heard the sound of heels clacking on the ground.

Parker made eye contact with Mia and rolled his eyes. She was dressed in the required Eastwood uniform that was not noticeably shorter with frilly socks and 5-inch mary janes.

He ignored her presence and continued to finish getting dressed.

Mia walked over and turned off Drake that was blasting.

"What are you doing in here?" he asked blandly. Parker was mentally drained especially with everything that happened with Mac, they hadn't spoken in a week, she had been effectively avoiding him. He felt strange, she had become a part of his routine.

"I heard through the grapevine that you asked someone to homecoming" she replied crossing her arms.

Parker just stared blankly at her.

"Mia, what the fuck do you want from me, hm?" he rumbled, not raising his voice but stepping closer to her as his eyebrows were drawn down.

Mia stood straighter when she realized that he didn't sound like himself, he sounded short and his voice was gravely. Uncontrolled anger, lashing out and tantrums was scary. But controlled anger coming from a man who was a few inches over six feet and well built was freightening.

"Just tell me who she is" she said defensively, not wanting to start something she could not finish.

Parker laughed bitterly "Mia, I have told you as nicely as I could. Leave me alone, I mean this shit. I don't want to fuck you, be near you, I don't even want to hear your voice. I  don't like you and I never did, is that clear enough for you? Stop asking me about my business, If I was taking half the student body to homecoming it wouldn't concern you, I'm not nor was I ever your man. Get a life and do it quick" his eyes were sharp and his nostril flared slightly.