➳5

'The most dangerous lover is the one who greets pain with a smile'

You were now being discharged from the hospital, Miran was assisting you to make sure you got home well

A little bit of background for you;
You parents are in America, don't ask why.
You were left in your aunt's care but she is never home due to working in a Hospital (not the one you were sent to thank God) Thus, you're basically home alone all day.

You were thankfully given crutches as you couldn't walk properly- no shit Areum you got stabbed. Your thoughts were clouded by what had happened the past two days.

In two days everything changed.

It all changed when you met Mark.
And little did you know, he'd change you too.

"So you're telling me the seven most popular boys in our school- are in a gang?" Miran questioned, trying to make sense of the crap you told her.
You nodded, pursing your lips.

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

"You mean Jaemin, Jisung, Renjun, Chenle, Jeno and Donghyuk?"

"Yep."

"Wait- they knew who you were?!"

"Yep."

Okay you admit it- It was a bit exaggerated when you said yowere friends.
The only connection you had with them is a mere classmate. Sad, I know.

However, you hadn't ever had interest to seek their friendship because you were comfortable with your own friends.
Miran, Kai and Jihoon.
The four fo you were inseparable, since day one.

The taxi pulled up outside the house and Miran was quick to help you out as you were new to crutches.
"Looks like your aunt is home Areum." Miran nudged you, nodding to the door, where a tear stricken woman stood.
Guilt washed over you as your Aunt hastily wiped her tears and strode over to your weak figure.
"Park Areum how dare you? How- how could you worry me like that? I've been worried sick!" She exclaimed, crying into her hands.

"Your parents left me in charge of you and I couldn't even simply take care of you! I'm such a bad guardian." She wailed as she dropped to the ground.
Miran and you exchanged a glance. Miran crouched down and tried to console her, but her cries increased.
People walking on the pathways, turned to look at the disruption.
"Auntie..it's okay I'm here now, I'm safe." You said quietly, trying to calm her down.

"No! How will I face your parents? This is why I'll never have kids." She wailed.
My aunt is only 24, she was from your grandad's third marriage- I know.
"Auntie-"

"No! Don't call me Auntie, I'm not worth being your Auntie. Just-just call me Hyeri!"

"O-okay.." you trailed off, attention was now on the door that opened from next door. The man was locking his door as he caught sight of the wailing woman on the floor. At first he was confused, but then he strode towards you all. He crouched down before my aunt, looking at her in worry.
"Are you alright Hyeri?" He asked.

Your aunt looked up at him and immediately wiped her tears and stood up. "Yes- Mr mo-"

"It's just Taeil."

She just nodded and invited him inside with a smile. You watched as they entered the house.
Miran looked at you with a confused expression, to which you shrugged to.
She sighed and brushed whatever just happened off and jerked her head towards the door.
"Come on let's go in."
She started retreating into the house and you were about to follow suit but something stopped me.

You could feel someone's gaze on you and a shudder went down your spine.
You spun around to see a person turn around the exact same time as you.
They were wearing a hoodie, the same one from that day.

"Mark!"
The person stopped in their tracks.
They were still for a few seconds, before they walked off.

Your heart sunk.
Did he really mean what he said in the hospital?