5

[on the same day bc it's a different time lol]
---
nov. 6th, 2038.
detroit police department.
sunny, clear skies with a high chance of rain later in the day.
10:00 a.m.
---

(y/n)'s in the break room typing a report of what happened in the interrogation and sipping on his coffee. "Hey," Gavin smiles at him, a coffee in hand.

"Hey," (y/n) replies softly. "What was that all about last night?" he asks.

"What do you mean?" he leans on the table, inches away from him.

"Your whole attitude towards Connor, he's just doing his job."

"He? You talk about it like it's alive." he laughs softly.

"Well, he is alive, dumbass." (y/n) nudges him.

"Oh come on, of all people I thought you'd agree with me."

"Gavin," (y/n) pauses and turns his whole body towards him. "You are my friend but we have almost never agreed about anything."

Connor then walks in. "Hello, detective Reed, detective (l/n)." he greets.

"Good morning, Connor. I didn't get to ask but why is there an android detective assisting us?" asks (y/n).

"As more cases involving androids deviating are reported, CyberLife has created a prototype to assist investigators." he explains.

"Ah, I see. Nice job interrogating the deviant, except for him, uh shooting himself, which isn't your fault but- I just mean good job." (y/n) laughs at himself. "Seriously."

"Thank you, detective."

"Anderson, (l/n), in my office!" yells Fowler.

"Well, I'm off." (y/n) closes his computer, grabs his crutches, and walks off. Connor follows both Hank and (y/n) and watches as Hank helps (y/n) up the stairs. "I've got it, Hank." he huffs.

"Then come on," he smirks and opens the door. The three walk in, both humans take a seat while Connor stands behind them.

"I've got ten new cases involving androids every day. We've always had isolated incidents, old ladies losing their android maids and that kind of crap. But now, we're getting reports of assaults and even homicides, like that guy last night. This isn't just CyberLife's problem anymore, it's now a criminal investigation and we've gotta deal with it before shit hits the fan. I want you two to investigate these cases and see if there's any link." Fowler debriefs the three.

"Why me?" Hank puts his hands in the air. "Why do I gotta be one of the only two to deal with this shit?" Hank asks.

"I can do it myself, I suppose." (y/n) suggests.

"No offense but you're not in the greatest condition to take on a whole case to yourself, with or without an android assisting." Fowler answers.

"I know jack shit about androids, Jeffrey. I can barely change the settings on my own phone!"

"Everyone's overloaded. I think you're perfectly qualified for this type of investigation. Besides he can't do this himself."

"Bullshit!" Hank stands up, yelling. "The truth is nobody wants to investigate these fuckin' androids and you left us holding the bag!"