~ Chapter Twenty Five ~

Alina watched as the doctor wrapped her injured arm with a gauze. Thanks to Damien, the wound had began its process of healing, now it needed to stay clear of any bacteria that could infect it and make it worse.

Damien had postponed the mating ceremony, as well as the meeting with his pack members until Alina was fully healed. Which will only take up to a week. He needed her in perfect condition for his pack and for him. Only perfection can meet his expectations because soon he will be taking over every werewolf community, making himself king.

Alina remained quiet as she planned out her escape. Initially she had hoped that both her and the rouge, who she still needs to learn his name, could have escaped last night. After she had cured him, she hoped they both had enough energy to rip the shackles free from him and devised a devious plan in luring in a wolf that was securing the cells. Unfortunately, she passed out from exhaustion and he was traumatized. He had injured his savior. The rouge is probably feeling guilty and shameful at the moment. But Alina didn't mind that she was injured. She has been thinking of a new plan.

Damien cleared his throat, grabbing Alina's attention. The doctor had just finished and took his leave right away.

"I know I've postponed our ceremony, however I can't hold off on my impending army. I'm going to be gone for a few days. I will be hunting down strong and feral wolves." He said as he walked closer to where Alina sat on the clinic's bed.

Alina remained seated. "Where will you find these creatures? The worst wolf I've ever seen was the man you had shackled. All the other rouges I've helped were borderlining crazy, not feral."

Damien looked down at her, if she were to follow his every command to perfection, then he knew that he would treat this woman well. However, wrong step and he won't hesitate on punishments. Just like the night before.

"I've heard rumors of viscous wolves traveling the Texan deserts. It'll take about a day or two to travel there and a few more to see if the rumors are true or not."

Alina stared up at Damien, he was handsome but his cruel personality ruins his external beauty. He talks about world domination as if it's common politics. He talks about capturing wolves as if they're meat from the local grocery store. This man is completely devious and to think he hasn't fallen prey to becoming rabid. It astonishes Alina because he believes all this to be normal.

Alina cleared her throat and asked in a quiet voice. "How vicious are these wolves?"

Damien rubbed his chin in thought as he recalls the rumors. "It's said that these wolves are beyond saving. That these creatures chose to live the life of a Rouge. A man traveling from there had supposedly seen the wolves and that they try to shift into humans to walk amongst them to hide from local packs. But their shifting isn't normal. It's as if they're stuck in the middle of their shifting. The man said that these wolves had crawled on two legs and were utterly disgusting to look at because half their bodies contained wolf attributes." Damien shrugged. "But let's see if that's really true."

Alina blinked hard as she focused on her breathing. She remembered seeing such creatures. In fact, she had tried saving their leader. But he was too dark, too evil, to have allowed her power to change him completely. Her power had only reached a small part of him, a part of his humanity was awakened that day. And that day was the day Alina discovered that she was capable of creating something horrific and saddening. Alina had split his soul between good and evil. Both sides battling for the control of the body. An internal anguish.

If there were more of them and Damien captures them, then will she have to power to change them?

Alina got up quietly and followed Damien out of the infirmary. He lead her back to the pack house and into his room. The entire walk, silent.

Alina sat on his bed and watched Damien pack a duffel bag. As he did, he decided to finally break the silence. "While I'm gone, I will leave my brother in charge. But don't think that he's going to be easily convinced to let you go."

Alina nodded. Kaeden will be left behind. He's going to look after Alina.

She tried hiding her glee by getting up and walking towards the bathroom. Kaeden may be loyal to his brother, but it doesn't mean that he can't allow a few mishaps here and there that'll accidently aid Alina and her Rouge friend.

Damien left the bedroom and locked it behind him.

Alina stared at her own reflection, smiling at the fact that by tomorrow evening, she'll be free.

Alina won't have to worry about those crazed wolves Damien wants to capture, she won't be near them to cause them anguish.

~***~

Isaiah watched as men piled into two cars. Kaeden standing by one as he waited for someone to leave the house.

Isaiah had circled the perimeter all night long and he found nowhere to sneak in. It's as if the current alpha of the Servos pack is keen on keeping people out... And in. He must've doubled his security when he acquired Alina.

He watched as the man Kaeden was speaking to last night walked out. Damien scanned the area with his blue eyes before having them settle on his brother.

"Alina is in my room. She is not to leave until I return. Her meals will be taken inside personally by you. Understand?"

Kaeden nodded as he straightened. "Yes Alpha."

Damien grinned. "Good. Now before I go, I need to capture a little bird who seems to like to eavesdrop."

Isaiah's eyes widened as he crouched low behind the bushes. How was he spotted? His wolf was settled far away from the alpha and his border. He even hid to make sure he wasn't spotted. Is Damien that great if a hunter?

Isaiah began to back up, careful not to make any sounds as he turned. But he stopped short at a vicious growling sound. A black wolf jumped into his line of sight gracefully. Alpha Damien had earned his title and now he had Isaiah in his sights.

Isaiah wouldn't go down without a fight, he was willing to die trying to rescue Alina.

Isaiah raised the hairs on his fur and growled at the wolf before him. Damien's stance, however, wasnt aggressive. Instead, he quickly shifted back and mocked Isaiah. "You really think you can come near my territory without being noticed? Shift! Show me your face."

Isaiah shifted into his human form. "I've come here for Alina. Hand her over or die." Isaiah knew he wasn't much of a threatening figure, but he was anxious and dying to let out some pent up stress. Stupid, he knows.

Damien cocked an eyebrow. "You're someone special to Alina, I presume?"

"She's my daughter. I've raised her. She had always been under my protection and I'll be dammed if I allow someone like you use her gifts for evil."

Damien laughed out loud. He raised his hand and flicked his wrist, a signal of some sort.

Isaiah watched angrily as the alpha continued to laugh. That's until he felt a sudden stinging on the side of his neck. He fell to his knees and then onto the ground face forward with his head tilted to the side.

Damien walked closer and kneeled down. "Alina belongs to me and now I have a better chance at controlling her now that I have you."

That was all Isaiah saw and heard before he blacked out.

________________________________

A/ N        Posted: 11/26/18

I've been getting massive ideas lately that I have to write them before I forget!

What do you think Damien will do with Isaiah?

You think Kaeden has made up his mind yet? Who will he choose; His brother or being righteous?

Comment & Vote!

P. S Shout out to my commenters, I love reading your ideas, I don't respond due to the fact that I'll spill some beans 🙈 hehe