Chapter 32

Yujin's POV

I hobbled through the door, my armpits aching from the crutches since I hadn't quite gotten used to using them. I was stopped by an arm being thrown across my chest cautiously, the person glancing from left to right aggressively as if they were a Secret Service agent.

"Hoseok, you can tone it down a bit." I laughed through my sentence as he allowed me passage into the venue.

"I can't take any chances, Yujin, I was told to keep an eye on you. If someone is out to get you, you can never be too careful." Hoseok explained meaningfully.

I pressed my lips together as warmth spread through my chest. "You're too sweet sometimes, Hobi, you know that? You deserve all the happiness in the world."

Hoseok ruffled my hair a bit. "Awww, Yujinnie! Don't get all sappy on me."

I rolled my eyes and continued onward, into a side room where I knew the guys were huddled together. It was a few hours until their live performance and you could feel the anticipation. Fans were lined up outside the venue; their screams could be heard even deep within the building.

As soon as I entered the room, the sounds of numerous yelps could be heard and I was crushed between multiple bodies in a large hug.

"Yujin! My baby!" Jackson screeched in my ear.

"We were so worried!" Yugyeom exclaimed from behind me.

I was struggling to breathe as my face was squished against a hard chest and many strong individuals were squeezing the daylights out of me. Someone seemed to notice my struggle as the pressure was relieved, and I looked up to see Jungkook standing protectively in front of me, his face stoic but gaze hard.

"Give her some space, guys. And hands to yourselves." He muttered.

I leaned forward to whisper in his ear. "It's okay, I'm fine." Jungkook met my gaze and nodded, moving a hand down to clasp mine which I returned gratefully.

"Wow, she's got you whipped dude." Yugyeom joked and Jungkook sent him a glare. I squeezed his hand reassuringly.

"He just worries too much." I brushed it off, turning to face Bambam who had approached me.

"How are you feeling? Is everything going to be alright?" He asked.

I nodded with a small smile. "It'll heal properly in a few weeks, then it'll be business as usual."

"That's great to hear, we were all shocked at what happened. We even visited you in the hospital before you woke." Jaebum mentioned sincerely.

My expression brightened. "You guys, thank you. I seriously appreciate all the concern, but I'm really okay! You guys need to focus on today and the performance. I didn't bust my ass training you for nothing." I said. The boys all allowed a smile to overtake their lips.

"We won't let you down, Yujin." Jinyoung said determinedly.

"I expect nothing less."

"Yujin, can I talk to you for a second?" Yoongi called from the corner of the room. I nodded then began making my way towards him, Jungkook steadily trailing behind me.

"What's up?" I asked when I reached my brother. His expression was neutral and hid all emotion, but I could tell from the slight pout of his lip that something was wrong.

"So my assumption was right, it was too dark for the cameras to pick up anything at the time of the incident." Yoongi outright informed.

My expression fell in disappointment. Jungkook from beside me seemed to be more riled up than downcast, however. "How ancient do those damned things have to be to not pick up things through the dark?" He wondered, bewildered.

Yoongi shrugged. "I don't know. All I know is that our one lead for answers is a bust."

I bit my lip as I processed the information. The gears began to turn in my brain and Yoongi could tell something was forming. He left me undisturbed to think.

"I think I have an idea, but it'll only work if Jungkook agrees to it."

Yoongi's lips tilted upwards slightly in my pride and we both turned our stares towards the said-man. He seemed hesitant.

"What is it?" He asked.

I bit my lip again. "I'm not too keen on it, either, but desperate times call for desperate measures..."

"Just spit it out, Yujin." Jungkook murmured, still reluctant.

"Well..."

~*~

PLEASE DONT HATE ME
believe me when I say I have no free time anymore 😭 between school and my job and extra curriculars and my senior project I barely even have time to eat lmao
Thank you guys for your patience and support ❤️ love you all

~Shameless Self-Promo~
I started a Jimin fanfic not too long ago and it's a few chapters in, I'd really appreciate
it if you guys checked it out :) it's called Royal Pain