Chapter 13

We hit 400 reads! WHAAAAT?!?

Last chapter: Paya, Zelda, and Link started to search for supplies. They are far from done.

Link's P.O.V~
It is dark, cold night. Wind throws my hair back and forth as I stand in front of the entrance to Impa's house.

Paya and Lady Zelda are asleep. I was thinking about searching for weapons.

But, first, I will buy arrows. I walk over to the store that carries the arrows. I purchase all of them, leaving me bankrupt. Not to worry though, I will sell my goods to Beetle.

Me and Epona ride out of Kakariko in the middle of the night to search for enemies. This is much easier.... I don't have to worry about the Princess.

This has made me realize that I'm always next the Princess, since I have a better eye on her. I feel like I care for her more than I have to... I am her knight, nothing more.

I ride past the rocky cliffs, and come across a few sleeping bokoblin's. Only 3, the color blue. I motion Epona to stop, and change into my stealth armor.

I recognize this place....
Oh!
This is were I had retrieved Hetsu's maracas.

I crouch, and walk through the rock passage, the fireflies and my sword lighting the way. I strike the first one closest to me. I must be quick and careful. Falling of the edge wouldn't be the death of me, but would be a pain. I collect the monsters remains along with it's weak weapons. I strike the second, and it disappears into purple gas, just as the first one. I turn to strike the third but it has awoken!

I stand quickly but it is already in motion, it's weapon skyward, giving me a gash in my hand as I try to defend myself. It pushes me back, but I swing my sword, and it falls off the edge. I gather my remaining rewards.

My hand is not badly damaged but I should get it treated. I should've gotten my shield ready when I had the chance. I was naive.

The question is, should I go to Beetle first, or go to Paya?

I sheathe my sword, and decide to go to Beetle first. I will be quick.

Me and Epona ride towards Dueling Peaks Stable. Beetle always seem to be there when I need him, so I don't think he would fail me this time.

Across the bridge covered in rubble, and past the plain covered in Guardian remains.

I arrive, and walk inside to find Beetle sleeping on the floor.

I sell opal and amber to save the more expensive gems, earning roughly 2,000 rupees, counting the money I already had. I use the stables cooking pot, making a few elixirs and basic meals. I had ripped one of my older shirts and used as a bandage for the time being.
I changed back into my Champions Tunic, with my Hylian trousers.

I rode back to Kakariko, enjoying the full moons rays, and the decrease of enemies. There is still evil in this world but nothing compared to when Ganon was still in control.

I had arrived not long after, and stopped next to a tree near Impa's house. The guards asked what had happened, and where I went, so gave I a brief explanation.

I walked up the stairs, and opened the door. Impa looked at my hand, but she didn't look to worried. I went up the stairs into Paya's room. Lady Zelda lay on the right, sleeping very... peacefully. Not a hair out of place and laying on her back. Paya, on the other hand, was laying on her side and her hair quite the mess. She was drooling a little to.

I poke her arm but she doesn't react. I poke her again, a bit harder.

She opens her eyes and looks at me dreamily. "Link?" She says, whispering.
I show her my hand, which is starting to bleed through my home-made bandage.