⠀⠀𝟮𝟭. ❛ THE ORIGINAL SIN ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒔𝒊𝒏 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒔𝒊𝒏 ❜

chapter no. 021!

❝ KEEP AN EYE ON ME

❝ KEEP AN EYE ON ME.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

     THE NIGHTTIME BROUGHT UPON NOTHING BUT AN ARRAY OF TOSSING AND TURNING. Despite the soft pitter-patter of rain droplets crawling down the windows of my hotel room and the peacefulness that came with them, I couldn't help but feel on high alert. Every inch of my being was on edge and I felt as if there were dozens of eyes watching every move I made. Watching every breath I breathed. The paranoia and sleepless nights that occurred daily in Quantico were repeating themselves in Kansas City, and an all too familiar sensation of consummate fear was weaving its way into my nervous system.

     I swam through my usual cycle of watching out the window, peering through the peephole, making coffee and pacing. Only this time, I knew that I was a sitting duck. If Dillion— Scott— Detective Miller— whatever the hell his name was— wanted to talk privately, he could easily find out from his captain where the team and I were staying. He could show up at any minute and that thought paralyzed my mind.

     As the night progressed, the blue-eyed beauty never once showed his face, but it didn't ease the trepidation swirling around in the pit of my stomach. Nor did it ease the chaos in my mind throughout the night and morning. Not a second wasn't spent over-analyzing every move I'd made since the deal between Dillion Richards and I was ruined by Owen. I was re-examining every second that'd passed over the last five years and the most recent twenty-four hours.

     How had this happened? How was Blake's brother the man I negotiated with for months on end? How did he work for a local law firm in New Jersey if, according to Blake, he's lived in Kansas City his entire life? Was he just a pawn or a contractor? How did he get roped into the trafficking business and when did he become Dillion Richards? Was I ordered to make a deal with that law firm for another reason that I was unaware of? Was Scott Miller in contact with the Scorpions? Who, exactly, was Scott Miller and what did he know?