⠀⠀𝟮𝟱. ❛ UNDER THE NOSE ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒔𝒆 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒔𝒆 ❜

chapter no. 025!

❝ AN EASY WAY TO DIE

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

     "WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO SAY WHEN ONE OF THEM ASKS? I GOT IN TROUBLE FOR SPILLING COFFEE ON THE PRINTER AND WAS OVERHEARD CUSSING IT OUT?" Cara retorted factitiously, yet her tone was bland; her phone pressed to her ear while she stood outside Penelope's office.

     Silence answered her for a split second. "Did you?" Hotch returned, and the sound of the rest of the team echoed in the background.

     Pressing her lips together, the blonde rocked on the back of her feet. "Possibly?" she replied, although the response sounded more like a question as it left her mouth. Her brows furrowed together slightly as she spoke.

     Hotch sighed inaudibly. "It was a comprehensive evaluation of your work done at the BAU so far," he spoke simply.

     "Again, I'd like to apologize in advance for saying this sir, but come on. Really?" Cara deadpanned. "I may not know much about real jobs considering this is the only one I've ever had, but I'm quite certain that job evaluations don't result in the employee storming out of the office with their two bosses following after them."

     It was silent for nine seconds. "All right. The team can know that you had a conversation with Sánchez. The details of that conversation cannot be divulged. Nothing. Not a word. Clear?" Hotch asked, his voice low, and the woman could detect reluctance in his words.

     "Crystal."

     The call ended and she looked at the screen, noticing that Spencer had texted her earlier that morning, wondering where she was. Her stomach twisted as she slid the device into her back pocket.