Chapter 69

"Aye why'd you drag me back" Chris exclaimed "I was finally getting somewhere with that"

"You really weren't" I chuckled "you gotta stay focused on the game ahead"

"Says the one smooching Nadia on the sideline. Yeah I peep the shits" Chris said laughing

"Shut up," I said getting the slightest bit embarrassed

"Aye y'all ready to eat today?" Tev said walking up to us with a grin on his face

"You already know what's up" I laughed dapping him up "Imma need to you handle that defense today, don't want them scoring at all. I mean that"

"You bet, I'm tryna lay bodies out," he said clapping his hands "oh and Chris I hope you don't get butterfingers today" he joked

Chris had dropped a couple passes at practice earlier this week, he had since fixed the issue, but everyone has been clowning him ever since.

"You think you hilarious right?" Chris said

"I'm funny as shit" Tevin mocked back

"Man whatever. Ain't no butter fingers today, believe that" he said seriously

"Good cause I need them hands today," I said before walking away to continue to warm up.

It was time to turn on Game Mode.

       "When I told you to win, I don't think you were gonna do them like that" I said excitedly

Hunter balled out today, it was a dominate game on both defense and offense. They didn't let the Eagles score once, and when they did have a chance, they missed the open field goal.

"You know I had to do it to 'em and show out for your birthday" he said shrugging sheepishly with a grin as we walked side by side.

Celine and Mom had gone the back the apartment, Hunter insisted I stayed because he wanted me to tour the stadium. I think that was just an excuse to get me alone though knowing him. The dinner was at seven thirty anyway, so I didn't mind having some alone time with him.