Ch. 39

Cleo's POV-

It was the next day now but I wasn't at the house, as always. Never could stay there for at least an hour

I was at the mall treating myself cause I haven't since last year...

I was inside of a Brandy Melville looking around, picking out some outfits since my style has definitely has changed.

"Oh don't worry, I'll take care of it for you girl"

I heard someone say and I peeked to see it was a worker and I check to see who she was talking to and when I did it was Lola...

"I could never go somewhere where I can just be alone with no one around"

I say to myself and I just decided to pay for what I found which was two shirts and a pair of jeans.

I walk out of the store and just decided to get a smoothie from the food court inside the mall.

"Hi, I'm can I get a strawberry smoothie please"

I say taking out my wallet

"Yes, anything else?"

"No that's it"

"Ok it'll be $3.45"

The lady said, I gave her my money, got my change and just waited.

I got on my phone to see messages from Zac and I ignored them and was just scrolling through Instagram

"Cleo?"

I hear someone say and I look up but I didn't see anyone and I turned around and no one still...

"Order for Cleo!"

A guy yelled and I turn back around I got my smoothie and just left looking for another store to go to
-

I walk inside of Forever 21 cause they never let me down, I've literally came to this store ever since I was small and I always find something.

I start looking around and already got 2 crop tops, a t shirt and a pair of good looking mom jeans.

"Well well well..."

I hear someone say and I turn to see Lola

"Can I help you"

I say going through some sweaters

"Aw I don't at least get a hi?"

She says and I just rolled my eyes

"Fine, are you alone here? Or did Zac come with youu"

She says

"I came alone, I need space away from that dude"

I say

"Hmm, sucks to be alone, with no one to help you with all of these bags"

She says as she sighs at the end

"I really don't care if I came with someone-"

"Jack has been helping me so much with all these bags that I'm carrying..."

She cut me off as I stopped shuffling through the clothes once I heard her say jack...

"What?"

"Jack? Do you remember him, you know dark fluffy hair, brown eyes, nice eyebrows, hot, amazing body, knows how to-"

"Of course I remember him you dumb ass, what the hell are you doing with him..."

I say keeping my voice down

"Oh, haven't you heard? Pretty sure Zac brought it up at some point, we're together! Duhh"

She says and I just wanted to slap her but I wasn't, I was believing her...but here's the thing. He not here with her, I don't even see anyone waiting outside that could be him. Or even a guy holding a bunch of bags

"Ok so, if he "is here" where is he huh? Shouldn't he be here with you, helping you. Saying oh this looks good, oh this looks nice."

I say

"He is here, he's just in another store. Dumb ass"

She said

"Your lucky we're inside a store and not outside"

I say just leaving to the cash register to pay and leave, she really did piss me off.

I exit the store and I look inside once more and she's still in there looking through clothes

Let see if she's right and Jack is here...
-

I was looking around at all the stores, what store does Jack like?

I ask myself and I see three shoe stores...

"Ehh"

I say and I go inside one and looked around nothing, the next nothing, and the last nothing.

I good inside a men's store to check and it was the most awkward thing

"Need any help ma'am?"

A guy said and I just faked laugh

"Uhh, sure I'm just shopping for my...boyfriend, you know his birthday is coming up"

I say and he nodded

"Ok, well wants his sense of style?"

He asked as I was looking around

"He is trying to get in trend"

I say as my eyes stopped at one person but I couldn't tell since I was looking at the guys back

"Ok ok, well right over here there's more things that are in trend"

He says as I followed him but I couldn't look away

"We have these jeans, wind breakers, hoodies, graphic shirts..."

He says

"He loves wearing sweaters"

I say as the guy started to move and I look away

"Hmm, dont be cheating now"

He says which made me laugh

"Oh no no no, I'm not. I'm not that kind of girl"

I said and he nodded his head

"Ok well I'll be over there if you need anything else"

He said and I nodded

I walked a big closer but I see the guy talking to someone else I just couldn't see, I look around and I see a window next to them.

Bad way to make him notice me or even me to see if it is Jack or not but hey...gotta try I'm not just gonna go up to him and not end up being him..

I take a deep breath in and I had my camera out recording to just make sure. I start walking and I stopped past where the window was at and I pretended to tie my shoe but I play back the video and I just felt my heart racing, I was watching everything until it got to the part and I see his face and the person he was talking to and it wasn't them...

I stopped the video and I felt my eyes watering.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I just left, ran to my car.

I get inside and I burst out crying, I was just a mess.

A month back I went to their house but when I did it was up for sale...they moved out of that house which obviously broke my heart and all.

Plus I couldn't do anything as in call text or even FaceTime because Zac changed my phone number and i guess jack did too cause his old phone number doesn't work, and I know Lola for sure blocked me through jacks Instagram so I won't be able to get in contact with him...

All this hurts me so much, I tried to leave and escape this past year but nothing worked.

________________