Chapter 16 The Test

"And you just left him ? Like that ? "

"Yes Emma , just like that . What was I supposed to do ? I have no idea what any of this means and until I do I'll just have to -"

"Ignore him? " she said with a 'you can't be serious ' look.

"Exactly. There's no other way Em ." I said taking the tray with our mugs over to the sink in the corner .

"There's always a way Andy . You can't ignore him like this . "

"I have to . " I said giving her a sympathetic look to which she nod in understatement .

"Okay. But then you have to answer one question . How do you feel about him , do you like him at all ,is there even a slight chance that you do ?"

"Okay , first of all, that wasn't one question. And second of all , I don't know . I mean sure he's attractive and really sweet not to mention he's been nice to me since I got here . But I don't know if the feelings I have for him are friendship or relationship related yet." I said as we took our seats at the window again.

She reached over and put her hand on mine as she gave me an encouraging smile , "when it's love , you'll know. But promise me you won't make hasty decisions based on a silly dream you had ?"

"I promise. " I said with a warm smile.

"Now ,chocolate or vanilla cake for dessert? " Emma said on a less depressing note.

"Is that even a question? Chocolate!" I exclaimed as we walked over to the counter and ordered our cake.

****
2 hours , 3 cups of tea and two slices of cake later I was heading to my room as Emma made her way back to the Breeder ward for bed check. It was about 9 now so it was about time I got into bed for the night myself.

I made a straight B- line to the bathroom as I stripped of my clothing and showerd all the memories of today off , letting them all drown along with my worries. 

I dressed in my silk night gown and got under the comforting covers of my bed , letting my mind go blank and my eyes shut on instinct. 

This was a long day and surely not a day I would like to repeat any time soon.

****
I woke up to my alarm blasting , it was 6 so it was time for me to get up and get ready for my 7:30 doctor's appointment. I put my hair in a lazy bun as I went to the bathroom , doing my morning routine just like any other day.

A knock sounded from the door as I silently cursed since I wasn't ready yet, infact I was still in my pajamas, finishing my hair and makeup .

"Come in Emma ! I'm in here !" I shouted from the bathroom as I heard the door open and close.

" Give me a sec to finish up braiding my hair and slip into my dress so we can go !" I called from the bathroom as I put my hairtie around the last braid , tying it in place.

"No need to rush. It's still early love ."

I froze in my spot as I took a look in the mirror , seeing Evan standing in the bathroom doorway with his arms folded across his chest . I turned around slowly as I watched him observe me like a hungry vulture at it's prey  .

Crap ! I was still in my silky - very revealing - pajamas.

Feeling exposed I hugged my arms tight around my chest to try and cover up some of my unmentionables - even though he did the exam and saw me without it , I still felt uncomfortable - as I continued.

"Evan. I wasn't expecting to see you today . Not that I mean I didn't want to see you, I just wasn't -"

"I know what you mean Shortie. You were expecting to see Emma . Well , I pulled some strings and managed to exchange shifts with her so I could go with you. You don't mind do you ?"

How do I answer his question without sounding completely rude and cold ?

"No...not at all."

"Great !" He exclaimed as he smiled from ear to ear.

"Okay , so I'll finish up here while you wait out there ." I said as I smirked before closing the door in his face.

Hey! I wasn't trying to be rude, but a girl needs her privacy when dressing , and he simply just wasn't getting the hint. No harm done.

I opened the door after finishing,  seeing him wait patiently on the couch for me.

I walked over to my closet,  grabbing my white stilettos as I slipped them on.

"Ready ?" He asked getting up and walking towards me.

"Yup. We can go." I said as he opened the door for me and led the way , even though I knew it by heart by now .

When we arrived I was surprised to see him follow me inside , Emma never did , but I guess it could be some special appointment or something that required a guard to be present ?

I signed in and filled out the forms just like I do every other week and took a seat in the waiting room , waiting for my number to be called.

"Breeder 478!" The lady at the desk called as I stood up and brushed my dress down , following her into the room where the doctor was waiting.

He then explained everything to me about what was happening today while Evan stood next to me , too close for my liking.

"And after the bloodtests to determine the health and all the other necessary information, we will do some tests to find the gender of course. " the Dr said formally.

"Really ? Isn't it too early to determine that yet ? " I asked astonished.

"Maybe under normal circumstances but not with the new growth serum. Now come along dear ." He said as I followed   him over to the little connected room , still surprised that things could actually progress this fast .

After all the test were done I took  a seat across from his desk along with Evan who clearly was tired of standing,  and decided to take a seat too. Figured.

We then both sat there in an awkward silence as we waited for the Dr to return with all the results. I inwardly sighed when I saw the Doctor walk over to his desk and take a seat , if we were in this awkward silence for another minute, something was bound to happen between us .

"Okay so everything seems fine , vitals , blood pressure , you know the works . And the gender ..." he trailed off searching for the paper amongst the stack of paper on his desk - that he just brought in with him - as both Evan and I leaned forward to hear the results.

Heaven knows why this sparked his attention but it was my moment so I wasn't going to put too much thought into his doings.

"Ah , here it is , Breeder 478 , congratulations it's a -"

To be continued my lovelies ! I'm bad I know 😂but a little suspense is never a bad thing . What did you think ? Thoughts?  Theories?  Comment down below if you think it's a boy or a girl and some names for them both please 😉. Hope you enjoyed and until next time , keep on reading ❤❤❤