XVI

"Listen. It's alright if you don't like me back. I would... understand it but," he pauses and holds both of your hands in his. "I don't want to let go of you. I won't."

His words made you want to trust him. You wanted to. You really really did. But after everything, your mental health isn't the best because if him. If it were a different case, you probably would have said yes. But no. You can't.

His gaze on you tells you that he's waiting for a response. He wants you to say yes. It would be a dream come true for him. But he knows you won't. He doesn't want to think that but it's almost obvious what your answer will be.

You sigh and look away from him. He takes it as a no. But that's when you speak.

"I... I'll let time tell."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were walking down your hall where your apartment was. You breathed in and out trying to get yourself calmed down.

Pressing your lips into a thin line, you don't know what to do anymore.

Do I like him or not? Who knew this would be such a tough answer?

Closing your eyes, you sigh and unlock your door. Your thoughts kept going back to his kiss. Well, kisses. Two on the lips and one on your forehead.

Right after you said "I'll let time tell", he felt so giddy and happy that he kissed your forehead and hugged you tightly. You didn't know what to do so you kinda just stood there until you placed your hands onto his back.

Mark was going back home and he felt so happy. He felt almost accomplished, like he finally did something right in his life. There wasn't a way to describe his feelings. The word like or love didn't even begin to cover how he felt towards you. He accepted his feelings now.

I li- I love her.

He was so happy he could get it off his chest. Now he just had to wait patiently for your response. He was glad you gave him a chance. It wasn't just a complete no form the start. It was a maybe. And he would rather take that maybe than no.

You had been thinking all about him. You couldn't get your mind off of him.

Laying down on your bed in your pajamas, wrapped up in a blanket and watching some tv wasn't helping getting your mind off of him. Your thoughts were stronger than whatever idol show you were watching at the moment.

Shortie jumps onto your bed and lays down on your lap. He curled up there as you pet him soothingly. He moves a bit as he likes it when you pet him. It almost reminded you of Mark. Wait it just did.

Why does that boy have to cause me such confusion with my feelings and emotions. Why can't he just be a friend or something.

You were about to go crazy by thinking of him. You needed some advice, and stat.

You pick up your phone aggressively and text a friend of yours who would know about relationships and gives actually good advice, contrasting their free and super weird personality. Steven Yoon. May's older brother.

He has the exact same age as Mina and Jacob but is still a single Pringle who's been in more relationships than the amount of braincells he probably has left.