chapter 17 Rosy cheeks

"Girl! Looks like we have a new Breeder on our hands ." He said with a smile , while I just nod my head in acknowledgement, I wouldn't let him see how this made me feel.

After that Evan escorted me back to my room as we walked in silence, neither one of us saying a word.

"You haven't said a word since you found out the gender , is something wrong Andy ? Are you not happy or excited about the news ? " he said as he took a seat across from me on the couch. 

"It's not that , infact I was ecstatic when he said it was a girl , I've always wanted a little girl but when he said 'looks like we have a new Breeder on our hands' it totally threw me off. For that split second I forgot that I was a breeder and thought I ... I thought I was a MOM ..." I trailed off as I tear fell from my eye. "When in reality I'm just a breeder machine"

Sure I didn't like the situation I was put in and sure this wasn't normal circumstances but , I actually thought that I could love this little girl and that I actually wanted to raise her like a parent should've , even if I had to do it without her father I didn't mind. Because I just wanted to give her love and raise her , protect her and be there . But now , because of this , I'll never even see her smile or know what colour eyes she will have or any of those milestone moments. And I think that's what bothered me the most.

I wiped my eyes as I felt the couch dip and Evan's arm come around me as he comforted me.

"You are a mom Andy , the best . And you have the right to be happy about this , you're going to be a mom to a beautiful little girl. I've always wanted a little girl myself too so if it makes you feel better , I'll watch over her when she leaves this room and protect her as best as I can. That's a promise I will never break." He said as I subconsciously leaned into his touch and put my head on his shoulder.

"Thanks Evan." I said as I lifted my head and made eye contact with him while he leaned in .

I soon found myself leaning in as well as my eyes shut on their own account and our lips made contact. The kiss wasn't as hot and steamy like our first one , but slow and sensual . You could feel the emotion through the kiss that we were feeling as he kissed me softly and gently as if I were a porcelain doll , about to break at any given moment.

We pulled back as I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear as I felt myself blushing .

"You're cute when you blush from embarrassment " he said as I swore my cheeks went 10 shades darker.

I awkwardly looked up at him as he gave a light hearted chuckle. 

"Come on Shortie, let's go celebrate with some pink strawberry milkshakes in the Sun room. " he said as he held his hand out to me , which I took willingly and followed him back to the Sunroom.

****
"So , thought of any names yet ?" Evan said , taking a sip from his milkshake.

"Seriously ? I like JUST found out 10 minutes ago ." I said with a chuckle as I put my empty cup on the table.

"Yeah I know , but you have to have SOME idea? "

"Not really . Never thought I'd be a mother at this young age . And besides,  what does it matter anyway if they're going to rename her to Breeder whatever her number is going to be ?"

"It matters cause she has to be called something by her friends and family ."

I inwardly scoffed at his remark even though I knew he meant well.

"What family? She's going to be alone just like I am and won't even know she has a mother or that I am it ."

My mood suddenly changed back to sad and gloomy as I thought about what was going to happen once she was born. We would be separated and it'll be like neither one of us existed to the other.

"Hey ... you have a family. You have Emma ,Piper and me . We're your family and we'll be hers as well. She'll never have to go through anything alone. She'll know who you are . I'll make sure of it. That's a promise. " he said as he comforted me for the fifth time today. 

"You sure made a lot of promises to me today . You sure you can keep up ? " I said as I smiled , looking up at him .

"For you ? I'll do anything and everything. "

"Hey ! What's with all the long faces , Oh , did I interrupt something ? I can be such an idiot sometimes.  Pretend I was never here . " Emma said faster than she started and tried to leave .

"No , stay . Please ? "

"Thanks. So what's up ?"

"Andy found out the gender of her baby today. " Evan stated proud while he held me close to his side.

"And ? come on man you can't keep a girl hanging like this ." Emma said impatiently and excited.

"It's a girl !" Evan said excited while Emma did a happy dance on the couch. 

"I knew it ! I totally called it ! Piper owes me 10 bucks." She said smugly , probably thinking about what she could buy. "Okay but that's good news , so what's with the long faces ?"

"Andy thinks that her baby will never know she's her mother and that they will never get to bond and grow up together because she'll be taken away ."

"That's crazy ! Of course she'll know you're her mother . And I'll make sure of it. "

"That's exactly what I said. See Andy , we're all here for you and we want to help. If you let us , we'll be the best family you and baby girl has ever had ." Evan said while I observed the happy and excited faces of my friends.

They really did seem to care about me , and they were really excited ...

Maybe this wasn't such a bad thing after all . The baby I mean. This place , is still the worst.  But just because I'm at a bad place didn't mean I had to forget about all the good around me , did I ?

"Totally!" I said with a smile ,watching them smile from ear to ear.

"Family group hug ? " Emma said expectantly.

"Get over here!" I said as we hugged the life out of each other. It's been so long since I've been THIS happy and maybe , just maybe,  I could see light at the end of the tunnel.

What do you think?  Thoughts?  Theories?  I'd like to know what you think so I can improve my writing . Thank you for reading and see you in the next one my lovelies ❤❤❤