Day 6

Kylo Ren's POV

No food. No water. No tributes around to use the Force choke on.

And most importantly, no lightsaber.

This was the bleakest my Game had looked yet and I was not satisfied at all. That stupid woman had caused me to lose my lightsaber during our flee from the dragon. I wasn't going to go back and try to find my weapon with that dragon lurking around. If I didn't have my lightsaber, I didn't want to try fighting a dragon by myself. I could use the Force to slow the dragon down in a fight, but the Force wouldn't help me kill it.

Therefore, I'd had to leave it. I had been prowling the forest for a few days, weaponless, listening closely to the surroundings, my frustration rising to a dangerous brim. I was parched. I was weakened by my hunger and my thirst was starting to take over most of my thoughts. I needed to find water, and I needed to find it quickly.

I was disappointed and furious to say that I was struggling, and worried.

Suddenly a small beeping interrupted my stumbling throughout the forest. I whipped around, looking for the source of the sound. A tribute was near.

But then a large silver case floated down from the trees by a white parachute. It landed on the ground five feet from me.

I stared reproachfully at the package. Was this from my potential sponsors?

I walked tentatively to the package and it popped open to reveal a feast. Loaves of bread, cooked meat, bags of fruit, and a bottle of water. I immediately opened the bottle of water and downed half of it. Then I tore into the food.

Bless whoever is this impressed with my skills to send me this package. Maybe I do stand a fighting chance after all.

_____

Third person's POV

Lupin stared pitifully into the embers of the fire that Tonks and him had conjured.

On the second day when James had gone out into the woods and never returned, Tonks had been crushed. She had never wanted him to leave the group anyways, and then his face had appeared in the sky that night. Tonks had put her face in her hands and immediately began crying, her back convulsing with uncontrollable sobs.

Lupin had done the best he could to comfort her, but he was grieving as well. He had lost on of his best friends. To the Games. Lupin was a strange mixture of incredibly sad and rising anger. James' life had been lost for no good reason.

Even though James was gone, Lupin had known that Tonks and himself had to keep moving. The next morning he urged her to her feet and the two of them trudged through the forest that entire day, until they had reached a running creek. They had both knelt down and drank steadily for a few minutes until their complete dehydration was appeased.

Now a few days had passed. Tonks and Lupin had remained stationary, and nothing much had happened to them. They set up camp a bit away from the creek and took turns taking watch overnight.

Their hunger grew, but Lupin was able to transfigure tree bark into morsels of edible sustenance to keep them alive. Lupin and Tonks didn't care much for hunting -- prey or tributes.

So they stayed.

But Lupin knew that eventually the Gamemakers would grow bored with them just sitting around. He had never lived in Panem, but even knowing about these Games and what they stand for for a short amount of time had given him all the information he needed about the Capitol and the Gamemakers.

They were cruel. They didn't really care what happened to Lupin and Tonks, or how much pain they suffered. They just wanted to entertain the bloodthirsty citizens of the Capitol.

So Lupin waited until their inevitable demise. He had his magic, and Tonks had hers, but he was very concerned about what the Gamemakers would do to battle it. He knew their magic was extremely powerful, but he didn't know to what extent it would be useful in this setting.

Even though James, Lupin, and Tonks had been sure of their victory in the beginning, Lupin now had serious doubts. James had died on within the first few days and he was a brilliant wizard. If he couldn't even last a day after the bloodbath, what makes it possible for Lupin and Tonks to last a week?

All Lupin knew was that he wanted to protect Tonks as long as he possibly could.

*****

Night fell. Lupin put out the fire. It was his turn to keep watch overnight. Tonks fell asleep later by Lupin's side and all Lupin could do was gaze around for hours, looking around the forest and keeping his ears alert despite his exhaustion.

The forest was so dense that Lupin couldn't even see the sky or stars — and most importantly, he couldn't see the moon.

And then one of the trees suddenly began quaking, right to their left, Lupin quickly shook Tonks's shoulder and shouted, making her wake up. The tree began keeling over into the small clearing the two of them were resting in. Lupin and Tonks both threw themselves to the side just as the tree's massive trunk hit where Tonks had been sleeping moments before.

Then a stream of moonlight flooded the clearing. Lupin looked up and directly into a full moon.

Tonks eyes flitted to her husband and back to the crescent orb glaring down back at him.

"Get out of the light!" She exclaimed, pushing him out of the moon's ominous glow. But when she pushed him, Lupin looked her in the eyes, and all Tonks saw were pupils as wide as his irises, and then shrunk back down until his eyes were a vivid, dangerous green.

Lupin's mouth sagged and he panted as his skin slowly discolored and his limbs began trembling. Then a pained groan erupted from his lips and he fell to the ground, convulsing. Tonks had no idea what to do.

She stood by his side, flustered, as Lupin continued to let out loud moans and screams of pain as his body underwent the transformation into a werewolf.

Tonks watched with wide eyes as his screams grew more and more inhumane, turning into yowls. His spine arched outwards, and his mouth began elongating into a snout, his cheekbones began protruding further outwards and his legs turned into long, spindly haunches.

Tonks backed slowly away from the panting werewolf on the ground.

Tonks continued taking careful steps away. Did she leave her husband to the remaining tributes, where they would surely be separated for the rest of the Games and the likelihood of Tonks or Lupin rising to victor status would be infinitely slim? Or did she try to remain hidden near him, to rescue him and comfort him when he transformed back?

Then the werewolf climbed slowly to his feet. He was hunched over. Tonks was nearly behind a thick tree trunk on the other side of the clearing. She slipped behind it, hoping that the werewolf hadn't looked up to see her before she disappeared from his sight.

She couldn't hear the wolf's footsteps behind the tree. She only faced the opposite way, unable to see where he was prowling. Maybe he had run in the opposite direction, and he never saw Tonks. Her heart was pounding. The forest had fallen ominously silent around her. Tonk's breathed as quietly as she could, but she could still hear her own breaths.

One second passed. Two. Then . . . Three.

A long and thin arm ripped around the tree and grabbed onto Tonks. She screamed and ripped out of her husband's grasp, then sprinted towards the forest ahead.

The citizens of Panem watched in horror as this woman was hunted by her husband. The citizens of the Capitol were screaming with excitement on the edge of their seats.

They watched as Lupin the wolf leapt from behind the tree and howled to his worst enemy — the moon. He then took a large gallop towards the woman fleeing him, unable to identify the woman he was deeply in love with.

The audience viewed in terror as the werewolf leapt on top of the woman, tackling her to the ground. He dug his claws and maw in.

A cannon boomed a minute later.

When the wolf had finished off his victim, he galloped off into the dark forest, leaving the body of his wife behind.

_____