t w o

A Different Kind of Balloon.
+
t w o :

The whining noise of fifteen year old girls filled the cabin already. I was relieved to discover that the rest of the girls' beds were above me, other than Stevie. Our beds had a wall in betweent them, but made it much easier to maneuver through the cabin.

"Stevie," I called, still laying on my bed. I was the first one to finish unpacking, which was honestly ludicrous.

"What, Jess?" She asked, sounding impatient.

"When is dinner?" I moaned, holding my stomach dramatically. No one was watching me, but a little personal drama doesn't harm anybody.

"In FIFTEEN MINUTES! So I hOPE THE GIRLS ARE HURRYING AND NOT JUST MESSING AROUND!" She scolded, and I began laughing. Her head suddenly popped around the corner and my eyes widened. "You can go ahead and go, save me a seat. Some of the staff should be there already." I nodded, smiling.

"Mmkay," I mumbled, getting up and walking out the door.

I made my way into the heart of the camp until I realised;

I have no idea where the dining hall is.

I was going to just walk into random buildings with my fingers crossed, but decided against it when memories of running into the men's restroom came to mind. I saw things no young child should ever be burdened to see.

I saw the same boy that laughed at me thirty minutes prior sitting on a dark green ATV, scanning his eyes over his phone, chewing on a whistle that hung around his neck in the meantime.

"Excuse me?" I called out, hoping he'd hear me.

"Hmm?" He didn't turn his head up. I took the time to notice his long, hairy legs bent too far on the small four wheeler, thighs and knees covered in light blue jeans that he seemed to have cut off into shorts himself. A bright tie dye shirt with a fading "Camp Clementine" written on the chest hung off of his torso, a few tattoos littering his arms.

"Where is the dining hall?" I asked timidly, screwing around with my hands in nervousness. He didn't respond. "Sir?"

His head perked up and he smiled, looking me up and down. The black whistled fell from his now parted lips to his chest, hanging around his veiny neck. "In a hurry, are we?" I deeply breathed, praying for patience.

"Can you just tell me where it is?"

"Are you going to dinner?"

"Yes."

"What are you going to eat?"

"I-I don't really know."

"You should really learn where things are."

"Yeah, thats why I'm asking you."

"Do you want to s-"

"Look, dude, I'm exhausted and-"

"Well, we need a proper introduction, then!" My face contorted, watching him jump up off the ATV, swinging his leg around to the grass.

"What?"

"Hello, Exhausted, I'm Harry Styles." I scoffed and rolled my eyes at his outstretched hands.

"You've gotta be kidding," I mumbled to myself.

"Nope, I'm still Harry. I love your name though." I winced. "Is it Russian, like yourself?" He laughed. "Get it? Russian? Rushin'? Because you're in a hurry?" While I was severly annoyed that I wasn't at the dining hall yet, it was difficult not to crack a smile. "I love how it's only one name too-"