1

I was waken up to the loud sound of dump trucks and kids yelling all around me, some were even making rude comments but I was at the point of no longer caring about opinions. I decided to get up from against the wooden gate that went around the trash cans. it was disgusting the way i lived but i really didn't have much of a choice now did i. Looking around and down at myself I would've never expected to be like this.. homeless. 11 months ago I was with my mom and going to school living what I called a decent life. It was my last year of high school, but shit hit rock bottom when she brought her new man in the house.

"You know I always found you so precious.. 'specially tha first day ya momma had me meet you, member that?" He said with his beer in his hand. I ignored him while I continued to get me something to quench my thirst.

"The way we look at each other" I felt him rub his self against me gripping my ass while he did. I turned connecting a punch so smooth to his lip he landed on the floor so I gave him a kick to the stomach.

"I don't know what type of sick shit you're on yo but imma need you to stay the fuck away from me" I dropped my glass cup down on his face and went heading for my room. I was uncomfortable so uncomfortable in my own house.

BANG

I heard the loud gunshot and turned around quickly only to see him rushing at me with a gun ready to let another shot off. At that moment my life was flashing in front of my eyes. As he came closer I backed away far as I could go.

"Chill ou..." He smacked me with his gun causing me to fall back onto the steps pretty hard. He hit me again.. again... and again until all I saw was black.

I shot back up sweating like crazy not remembering that I layed back down I had heavy breathing that you could hear miles away. The same dream occurred every night leaving me to get no sleep.  That night was a horrifying night something I never thought I would have to live through. He took something that was so important to me. Weeks after it happened I felt empty, I was hurt and disgusted with my body. More so I was hurt with how my mom thought I was lying. The bruises on my face and my busted lip should've let her know but.. love is to damn blind in her eyes.

I grabbed my bag it was the only thing I had grabbed to go with me when she kicked me out. It had the money I saved up from years ago but it was never enough to get me my own place. "New spot" I sighed to myself getting up and walking down the sidewalk. I was to caught up in my thoughts and accidentally bumped into somebody. "M-my apologies I should've been pay.." she cut me off with a genuine smile.

"Nah bro you alright.." she looked my attire over and that smile was no longer there.

"here take this and whatever you're going through it'll get better for you soon" she handed me a wad of cash. I didn't wanna take it I mean not so much at a time anyway I would feel so guilty but I did need it. I hesitated for a bit but then grabbed it gently from her hand staring down at the stack of 100's that sat in my hand. I went to thank her but she was no longer there. I pinched myself over and over to wake up I didn't believe this just happened, miracles do happen.

I went back to finding somewhere to stay somewhere safe just for the night tho. I reached a park and went over to the tree that was located by some bushes. I went and owned my spot unzipping my bag pulling out a box that held my money. I opened it and took the money out adding what I just got to it having more then enough at least for a nice apartment. First thing tomorrow morning that's what imma do.. but my attire. I looked around seeing nothing all I could think of was showering at the nearest gas stations bathroom. So I was on my way to do as such.

"This is what my life has came to" I said while walking. I was just walking at this point not knowing what could happen. I was about to cross the street when I heard someone call out for me. Well they didn't call my name but they were trying to get my attention. It's late very dark and it's never safe especially when somebody else is out this time of night. I hurried and crossed the street but the yelling got closer. I turned around seeing a figure walking up to me. I had my fists balled up ready to throw whatever to them. But they got closer and I just noticed it was the good looking stud from earlier.