Fifty One

THE NEXT DAY — AFTERNOON

THE NEXT DAY — AFTERNOON . . .

Jae's POV

Tomorrow's the big day.

I have already planned out what I'm going to do and I'm going to make my decision today.

I spoke to Taehyung this morning before Mark left for work. I also mentioned that I will make my decision today. It was quite an intense conversation but I know there's no convincing this man.

To put it this way, I'd be lying if I said I'm not afraid right now. I don't want to have to do this but there isn't any other way. I can't jeopardise Taehyung's life. That would be selfish of me to put him in danger, knowing what Mark's behaviour is like.

At this moment, I am playing with the twins in their bedroom. While playing, I notice Ava is very quiet. Too quiet. I furrow my eyebrows with a perplexed countenance and place Ava on my lap, engulfing her into a hug. "What's wrong, my princess? Why are you so quiet?"

She pouts unhappily and shakes her head. "Nothing, mummy."

"Hey..." I utter, cupping her cheeks and giving her forehead a kiss. "You know you can tell mummy anything. Mummy always listens to you and Mae, you know that. I love you both so much and you mean the absolute world to me. You two come first in my life, no matter what. If something is worrying you, tell me."

I spot tears brimming in Ava's eyes then she glances at Mae, who is also staring at her with a scared expression.

"Girls? What's wrong? Has something happened?" I question in an apprehensive tone.

"We can't say." Ava replies.

"Tell mummy, Ava. We have to say it." Mae advises.

"Tell mummy what, Mae?" I glance at her with a perplexed countenance.

The twins gaze at me before answering the question.

NIGHT TIME . . .

Getting into bed, Mark brings me close to him with his arms draped around my waist.

I place my hands on his shoulders and stare at him, sending him a small yet fake smile.

He smiles and whispers in my ear. "It's the night before our big day. We're finally getting married tomorrow, baby."

I nod. "Yeah, I know."

Mark begins to kiss my jawline. "I truly am sorry for the way I treated you. I've noticed the way my behaviour's been upsetting you. It's been tough for me. I didn't realise that the work pressure had me venting it out on you." Then he gives my lips a kiss. "The woman I love." He adds.

"I told you this morning, I forgive you." I smile. "I just didn't like that you took your work anger out on me instead of dealing with it properly. Remember what my father told you, the best way to deal with your anger is to gather those thoughts collectively and then exhale."