#protectourcommunity

So.....

As some of you may have heard, there is this thing called Article 13 that may be put into act.

Basically, memes- poof! Thanos snap to you.

Certain videos on youtube- crumble to ash! Thanos snap to you.

And worst of all- FANFICTION! I'm sorry, I don't want it to go..... Poof! Thanos Snap to you!

From what I understand, it is taking away our right to draw and/or write about previously written/shown productions.....

Essentially, taking away our right to fanperson.

Now that is only from what I have heard about it, so if any of you have more information, please share!

I don't want to loose any of you!!! I live for Wattpad and my fellow Wattpadians! I don't update a lot personally.... ☺️........ but when I do, the feedback I get in return makes me so much more confident, not just in my writing ability, but the fact that there are other people out there who are just as crazy as I am when it comes to certain things!

I wouldn't have found Wattpad without fanfiction, and I can honestly say, some of this has changed my life- maybe in small ways, maybe in bigger ways; I am a more confident person now than before I started publishing, before I started being told "wow! So depressing it's beautiful!", and "can you do another?"

Because the people in my life aren't part of a fandom- they won't understand if I show this to them, so I won't show my writing- but here? We are celebrated for it- we make friends from it- we build whole families on one little piece that breaks our heart or makes us laugh.

We grow as writers, and some of us may go on to become professional writers one day, just because that one person voted on that one story, and that one person have you amazing feedback on that one part- it's amazing really. Fandoms become such tight knit families, and we grow and build each other up on fanfiction.

And Article 13 is going to take that away?!?!?!

Uh-uh. I don't think so.

Tag yourself if you are against this. Let's see how big of a petition we can get.

#protectourcommunity
#savethefanfics

//////
Sorry that was a really long rant..... I feel bad about not updating in a while..... oops.