chapter sixteen- I think I discovered that already

I honestly want to appreciate those who are following this book diligently from the part one which is Bullied up to this point... I love you all and you guys are the reason I'm still writing.

  I can't really be more grateful.

Check out this book by a friend Maya's Diary by  Cheeahmahkah1002

You'll love it, i promise.

________________________________

Hunter's P.O.V.
———————

Our ride to Peachvine Marques where the dinner will be hosted was a pretty long and frustrating one.

  I had to make Edward drive us to the event and come back after four hours to pick us up because I really didn't trust myself not to stop this vehicle by the roadside and try something stupid.

She's calling for trouble on her own, how can she wear this and expect me not to strain.

  I'm a full grown bloody man for fuck sake and she's a girl with everything.

Fuck hate. The hate didn't stop me the last time, I'm only praying it stops me now.

Fuck hormones.

Fuck women.

Fuck this stupid Gala.

Fuck everything.

  I'm seated at the opposite end of the Mercedes Benz C300 I chose for the event and I loosened my bow tie to get a little cooler.

  A few minutes ago, Edward said he had the air conditioner running but I don't believe him.

" Mr McConnell?" Iris called out with a sultry voice and I will myself not to look at her.

" What?"

" This space between us, isn't it too much? Or are you gonna hit me?"

Oh I can hit you in ways you'll never dream.

   She mocked me with my own words.

  I'm starting detest her cleverness.

" Shut up Iris and keep the distance. I prefer the gap anyways " Not because I'm uncomfortable doesn't mean I should let her know she's affecting me.

Let's get this evening overwith and get her out of that dress.

  The faster the better.

  And I mean for her to go to her normal clothes not what y'all dirty minded folks are thinking.

" I'll keep it then " I could hear the smirk in her voice as she made that statement.

" We're here" Edward announced as he pulls up to the building.

  Black and white decor had filled the entire entry. From glow lights to design fabrics. Everything was stunning.

" Wow " I heard Iris whisper as a chauffeur opened her door for her, he left it open as she stepped out.

I was about to follow her when Edward started laughing.

" What's so funny?" My frustration didn't need confusion as a partner.

" Hunter, your desire is obvious " Edward said as his laughter had calmed down.

  I looked down to check on myself.